🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » New to Upwork & no answers to proposals
Page options
a67f1e70
Community Member

New to Upwork & no answers to proposals

I'm new to up work and have been doing my due diligence to actively send proposals every day but I have not seen any activity back from those proposals, which ultimately is fine, client is not interested any more or simply didnt like my proposal. 

However I think up work should supply the freelancer the reasons why a customer did not moved forward with a proposal, this should be a learning curve experience for us to understand what we should improve, what was that the customer did not liked about us, and how we can eventually gain some traction on closing a deal.

Also, UpWork should penalize customer for not answering at certain point, or ways for us freelancers to request follow up to keep each other accountable. 

dont know if anyone has any feedback on how to close a deal, been here trying to get some work close to a month an a half with no luck

thanks !

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Clients have a number of options to chose from why they reject a proposal. In that case, you get a message. This never happens, because most clients don't even take that step. So in short, you can't make them do something they don't want to do. 

I agree but UpWork should give us the change to understand why what that?, or if the customer had an issue with our proposal, without freelancers up work doesnt work right?, that's the goal. so my question or request could start providing us guidance and raising the quality of work as well, I think is a win win

As I said before, that functionality exists already, but clients rarely use it. How do you propose to force them to do so?

In any case, no thanks, I don't give a hoot why the client didn't hire me. It serves no useful purpose for me to know that, and thanks, I get enough emails from upwork as it is. 

petra_r
Community Member

Mario Jacobo P wrote:

I agree but UpWork should give us the change to understand why what that?,

It wouldn't help you understand much at all because every client is different, Also, usually it's not a question why a client didn't hire you. They hired someone else because they liked them best of all, or didn't hire anyone.

many jobs get in excess of 50 proposals. Clients would lose the will to live (and certainly the will to post any jobs ever again) if they had to justify 50+ times why they didn't hire that specific person.

Mario Jacobo P wrote: Also, UpWork should penalize customer for not answering at certain point, or ways for us freelancers to request follow up to keep each other accountable.

Hell, no! Penalize clients for not responding? How do you think that would go down? Clients would vote with their feet and take their business elsewhere.

There is a TON of material on how to write a decent proposal and make your profile stand out, you shouldn't expect Upwork to force clients to teach freelancers how to apply. Clients hire freelancers to save time and get stuff done, not to provide a service to freelancers...

Work on learning how to present yourself in the best possible way, then shoot off the proposal and give it no more thought unless and until a client comes back to you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members