🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Newbie problems
Page options
43805d1f
Community Member

Newbie problems

Hi, I am a newbie in upwork .

I applied for a typing job and the client replied.

Is it normal if she asked to send to her email my upwork username, full name, age, Location  and if I have other Questions I can ask her using the email Account that she gave.

It loOks like she wants to transact outside upwork. I looked at her profile the payment is unverified. Can you share your experience please ?

3 REPLIES 3
ahmed-rovaid
Community Member

My suggestion is not to work with any client outside of Upwork. Actually, Upwork has an escrow policy so you can safe here if you are facing any problem with the client you can dispute and contact support.

elyannie
Community Member

Eunice T wrote:

Hi, I am a newbie in upwork .

I applied for a typing job and the client replied.

Is it normal if she asked to send to her email my upwork username, full name, age, Location  and if I have other Questions I can ask her using the email Account that she gave.

It loOks like she wants to transact outside upwork. I looked at her profile the payment is unverified. Can you share your experience please ?

Nope, They should not be asking for your email BEFORE you have a contract in place. Nor should they be asking about your age as that's illegal. (Unless they just asked if you're over 18) 

Scammers target newbies so be safe out there. Don't give them any of your personal information during the interview process. The interview should be a discussion about the job requirements and your capabilities.

Stay safe out there! 🙂 

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

You're dealing with a scammer. It's against Upwork's terms of service for you to even contact a client off this website before a contract is in place, and if you accept a payment off of Upwork, your account can be permanently banned. Read this before you do anything else: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

You'll need to do some more work on your profile if you want to attract a serious client. Right now, you will only be a target for scammers.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members