🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No Invitations! Boosted Proposals!
Page options
muhammadadeel60
Community Member

No Invitations! Boosted Proposals!

It costs $12 to buy 80 connects and I have purchased 400 connects from 23 Aug till today. and I was able to win only 1 project worth $45. spent $60 in the past 15 days and recovered only $45.

have not received a single invitation from new clients in the past 30 days. I don't know what's going on.

I see many jobs where freelancers bid more than 45 connects, I personally bid for 45 connects on some jobs, and most of the time my proposal got outbid which means freelancers apply for more than 45 connects.

and sadly I was not able to win a single job by bidding 45 connects.

it is a great sorrow that Upwork is not doing anything about it despite the fact that hundreds of freelancers have opposed boosted proposals feature. Upwork should not be subjective in this case.

12 REPLIES 12
getcheeky
Community Member

Hey Muhammad,

Many of us freelancers have been having this EXACT discussion on here--- **Edited for Community Guidelines**  is going on with the platform?? 
The silence started around May'ish.

I never had to find clients--- they always came to me--- but it's waaaay different now!! 
The potential Clients that I DO talk to seem to be so tight with their funds. 
It's VERY bizarre. 
Things have GOT to change bc I freelance for a living. 
I really don't know what Upwork is trying to gain from all of this?--- with the boosts, etc--- more money??? 
Like others have said, if we aren't making money, Upwork doesn't make money--- but maybe I'm missing something???

Is there a secret club that's making bank on Upwork now?? 😉

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Upwork has generated a lot of money by pursuing freelancers in buying more connects. why would they care whether we are getting work or not? did they care about our feedback?

everything was perfect before this boosted feature and available now badge, I don't understand what the point of making changes is when the platform is working perfectly. no one needs these useless features.

Actually, this is a Capitalistic era, everyone tries to suck the blood of poor people.

Michelle W wrote:

if we aren't making money, Upwork doesn't make money--- but maybe I'm missing something???

Is there a secret club that's making bank on Upwork now?? 😉

But many of us are making money.

I don't have the statistics at hand, but I'd hazard a guess that it's business as usual for Upwork, or business might even be booming for them.

The issue is more likey that the platform has become flooded with desperate freelancers from around the world looking to make ends meet. You only need to switch on the news to hear about the economic mess the planet it in.

And it's likely to get much worse before it gets any better.

That's great you're making money. Yes, there are others that are, too--- that's great for them, too.

Your attitude is not very kind and you come across very brash. It doesn't feel good to be treated like that. 

I don't feel desperate, but I do feel concerned. 

We will all figure out what to do. I have a family to provide for--- I always do whatever it takes--- my son is top priority. 

paywell
Community Member

I believe it is worth checking out how the bidding looks from the client's side. 

In many cases, using the "bidding" functionality is like "casting pearls before swine" (not to offend any clients).

A sophisticated method is as effective, as the level of the client's Upwork- savviness. 

Meaning, that the bells and whistles, which come with the bidding functionality, don't get through to the client, if he's new.

If a recruitment team or high level enterpreneur is working on reviewing the proposals: they will all be viewed, read and considered. 

If an "Upwork Newbie" client is behind the helm of recruiting, spamming job posts on 10 platforms at a time, without learning how each platform works - then there is a high chance that even the best candidate won't be considered.

kdkaushik
Community Member

Most of experienced freelancers are facing this kind of situation https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Connects-should-be-returned-if-customer-do-not-hire-any-...

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

That seems like a very aggressive bidding strategy, for low-paying jobs! Most of the jobs on your profile are under $50 value if you are unable to target high-paying jobs in the current niche I suggest you learn new skills and aim for higher-paying jobs, anyways your current niche is very competitive!

I have nothing against boosted proposals, in fact, I support them and they worked quite well for me. But I am very careful when boosting or sending normal proposals. If sending a proposal requires 6 connects I think twice before sending a proposal and take a moment to check if I am really a suitable candidate for the job! 

BTW, your profile lists your qualification as a CA, why don't you target jobs according to your qualification? That is if you really are a CA. 

Best of luck! 

Hi Ashraf,

I am not CA-qualified, I am pursuing it currently.

I do not bid 45 connects for under $100 USD jobs. i understand which proposal needs to be boosted.

you support boosted proposals just because they work for you. a lot of freelancers are complaining about it here. yes, a lot of, they are not insane that they would complain without any reason.

I know my niche is highly competitive, but everything was perfect before this boosted proposal feature, was not my niche competitive then?

lucioric
Community Member

I don't really get what is the real boosted proposal benefits for the freelancer.

Community Member

Being new on UP and I've never been a customer here, does boosted really help? out of the 15 proposal I sent, only 1 got viewed by the customer (I'm new to the platform so haven't had a chance to apply for more yet)

question woud be: does it really make a difference? 

d9fc6d8d
Community Member

You know how, when you google something, you just automatically skip those three ads on top of the results page? Any client with a brain does the same with boosted proposals. Write a good proposal, that's all you need.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members