🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No Views, No Invites, No Profile even with 10...
Page options
dev_abhishek
Community Member

No Views, No Invites, No Profile even with 100% Job Score

Hi Folks,

I have been submitting proposals for the last couple of months. On average 2-3 proposals daily. I have 100% Job Score, moderate earnings, and 12 years of experience. I have attached the best portfolio on my profile that I delivered with 5-star rating but still not getting any views on my profile or proposals.

It is strange to understand what logic is written to show submitted proposals to the client. Would love to hear from you guys if you are still facing the same. If anyone from the UpWork team can explain that would be more helpful.

Are you guys facing the same problem that I have been facing?

Thank You,

Abhishek Singh

6 REPLIES 6
aidangignac
Community Member

I have been getting profile views but have received zero invites over the past 2 weeks. I used to average 2-3 per week but I have the same regressive feeling. I recently had my JSS go over 90% and ever since my JSS went to that Excellent status, I now receive zero invites with my Available Now badge turned on. I would turn that on if I were you, I think it may be disabled at the time of writing this. I assume my views would be close to none without it.

Hi Aidan,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I have tried even with the Availablity badge as well. When I found no result, I turned it off as nowadays connects for Upwork are just a joke. It feels like you are going to a market to purchase something, you paid but didn't get anything in return.

Still, I will try for the next 3-4 weeks to see the results again.

Thank You

yofazza
Community Member

Hi,

How many proposals you sent and how many viewed? In the past 90 days? If the percentage is around 20%, I'll say it's normal.

to understand what logic is written to show submitted proposals to the client

We can only guess about the algo. But another way on seeing this, when clients are only willing to view 10 proposals out of 50+, the low view ratio is normal isn't it? The reason:

Combine all the above including the bot part, also with the willingness to spend money to buy connects, you'll have your 50+ garbage proposals. Seeing just a few of them makes clients mad, and run away. Explains the no views on your buried proposal, also no interviews/hires on the posted job.

There are clients ranting in the client forum specifically about this (got fed up with junk proposals).

Capture.PNG

I sent two proposals in the past 30 days. I wouldn't dare expect them to be seen because if one of them is seen then I'll have a 50% view-to-sent ratio. 😂

Hi,

It is 22% in my case but it is not enough as the conversion rate is 2.5%. I have submitted 40 proposals in the past 90 days, of which 9 were viewed, 2 were interviewed, and 1 was hired.

It is about the the amount of connects we have been spending and in return what result we are getting.

Hoping for the best 🤞

Normal 😂

But unlike the view to sent ratio that are mostly controlled by the algo, which is almost out of our control, I think you can improve the proposal text to get more interviews.

Capture (1).PNG

I got 2 interviews from 4 views so I'm a little better than you in this area ✌️😅

Edited to add:

By "improving proposal text", I actually have no idea. From what I see:

• Long boring wall-of-text proposals that doesn't even address the client's problem, CAN get clients.-
  • Customized long proposals with matching examples etc. does NOT necessarily improve your chance on getting interviews.
  • I personally feel that I get luckier (got interviewed) mostly on simple short proposals. Not actually a proposal if I think about it, but I can say they are "simple interesting note to start a discussion".

Hahaha 🤣

Noted your advice with Thanks!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members