🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No "Last viewed by client"
Page options
9d00c698
Community Member

No "Last viewed by client"

Hi everyone.

I noticed some job posts have no "Last viewed by client" section. Clients from these projects usually don't interview or hire anyone either.

Is this because Upwork bans their account? Any other reasons?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Hossein,

I understand your concern and the frustration experienced by you. A variety of factors may influence the clients' actions after posting a job, for example, shifting goals, financial limitations, low satisfaction with the freelancers' qualifications, or other problems. To help make sure clients remember to close a job, we regularly reach out to those who have open jobs and encourage them to close the job if they don’t intend to hire. We have already ramped up our outreach to clients who post jobs and don’t hire, and are looking into other ways to better ensure these jobs get closed so your Connects are returned in these cases.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
759e32fa

Hi Hossein,

Thank you for reaching out. Could you please share the link to the job posts which does not show this information so we can check on our end if we'll not be seeing the same information? We look forward to your response.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

Thanks for getting back to me. This happens quite often. Here is a job post that has no "Last viewed".
https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~0162652b28230fd745

Hi  Hossein,

I checked this with our team and it looks like when a post doesn't have the "Last viewed by client" information, it only means the client hasn't checked back on the job post after they posted it. Some clients prefer to post a job and leave it public for a few days before checking back for received proposals. Once a client has checked the job post, the "Last viewed by client" information will be automatically updated

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, Thanks for getting back to me.

I've noticed this is a growing matter. Clients either leave their job post and never check on it again. Or do come back but don't hire anyone. I've been strugling with this problem for 4 months now and it's frustrating. Are there any step holding clients back? Are they obligated to do anything that would change their mind from hiring freelancers?

Hi Hossein,

I understand your concern and the frustration experienced by you. A variety of factors may influence the clients' actions after posting a job, for example, shifting goals, financial limitations, low satisfaction with the freelancers' qualifications, or other problems. To help make sure clients remember to close a job, we regularly reach out to those who have open jobs and encourage them to close the job if they don’t intend to hire. We have already ramped up our outreach to clients who post jobs and don’t hire, and are looking into other ways to better ensure these jobs get closed so your Connects are returned in these cases.

- Pradeep

Upwork

I don't think this is acceptable answer.
Because our connects are blocked on the job.

And we are left only with the option to withdraw a proposal to regain our connects.

But, if that proposal is boosted, then, according to your documentation, we will be charged the boost if withdraw it

Quote from https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406395531795-Boost-Your-Proposal

What happens if I withdraw a proposal?

Boosted and unboosted proposals that are withdrawn are removed from the client’s list so they can no longer see them. If you withdraw a Boosted Proposal, you can’t submit it again (with or without boosting) and you will still be charged as if you had not withdrawn.

Hi Pradeep,

Is there a way for the clients to get notified about their open project/s and the actions they need to attend to either close the project (per their current situation/issues) or reject the bidders if they do not meet their qualifications? Our connects as bidders are wasted every time we bid for projects if we do not receive any feedback or rejection from the client. For me, it is better to receive a notification from the client that my bid was not accepted/rejected (with reason why it was rejected) than getting nothing from the client.

leecurle
Community Member

More often than not, they put up the posting and never come back. It happens, but just move on to the next job.  I have had proposals from months ago come back as "We are ready to get started"  

5df81471
Community Member

I've reported a lot of jobs like this and never got any feedback. Widthdrawing the proposal doesn't refund the connects either.
There are some jobs (I just reported another one) where people even name some freelancer (or agency) in the description. It looks like some people just create jobs tailored for specific users and then ignore the proposals. It is really frustrating.

Hi Ramiro,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm having the same feeling of frustration. I've been applying for so many job posts and in most of them, the cleint doesn't even hire anyone. It takes a lot of connects and usually goes to waste.

crart
Community Member

Inexperienced people will waste connects on those abandoned "jobs" and will buy more. Win for Upwork, which is what only matters. I report every job that is inactive, every scam I find, anything suspicious. NONE of them is removed. NO ONE is actually controlling the situation.

9d00c698
Community Member

Exactly! This is getting really frustrating. I've been dealing with abandoned jobs for several months now. Seems like clients barely hire these days. This could be a sign there's something wrong with Upwork.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members