🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: No rating on job completed
Page options
finchcreatives
Community Member

No rating on job completed

I have done some jobs on Upwork where I gave 5-star ratings for the clients but the client did not give any ratings for me. I want to ask if it affects my JSS or my profile in any way. Also, to mention that all the jobs were completed on time without any issue and I asked the clients to give me feedbacks but they did not. Kindly let me know with my queries.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Waseem K wrote:

I have done some jobs on Upwork where I gave 5-star ratings for the clients but the client did not give any ratings for me. I want to ask if it affects my JSS or my profile in any way.

No.

In future, if you want feedback, encourage clients to close the contract, rather than doing it yourself. If the client closes the contract, you are guaranteed feedback. Then there is also no need to ever ask a client for feedback.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Waseem K wrote:

I have done some jobs on Upwork where I gave 5-star ratings for the clients but the client did not give any ratings for me. I want to ask if it affects my JSS or my profile in any way.

No.

In future, if you want feedback, encourage clients to close the contract, rather than doing it yourself. If the client closes the contract, you are guaranteed feedback. Then there is also no need to ever ask a client for feedback.

e0f0dd03
Community Member

I'm sorry but this approach of asking clients to close the contract is a fairy tail. I've had to close several contracts this month due to unresponsive clients who give 0 feedback. I went from getting several invites a month to not getting a response from a proposal. My last prospective client said it was because my score was 69%. I have never been late on deadlines, and have always completed work with no complaints. This system does not give a fair picture of the freelancers work.I am losing money and will not be giving another penny to Upwork!
petra_r
Community Member

Kellie H wrote:
I'm sorry but this approach of asking clients to close the contract is a fairy tail.

It's not a fairytale. It works just fine, and if clients doesn't close the contract, you can close it yourself anyway.

Kellie H wrote:
I've had to close several contracts this month due to unresponsive clients who give 0 feedback.

No, you didn't "have to".

Kellie H wrote:
 I went from getting several invites a month to not getting a response from a proposal. My last prospective client said it was because my score was 69%. 

Yes, but your poor Job Success Score has nothing whatsoever to do with clients not leaving feedback or not closing contracts. Contracts without feedback do not affect the JSS in any way.

ONLY contracts with feedback can have a negative effect on your JSS, when clients leave poor (mostly private) feedback.

roberty1y
Community Member

I don't think it's such a big deal getting no feedback. If you look at a sample of clients' or freelancers' accounts, you'll see loads of jobs completed without any feedback. It seems some clients just can't be bothered with it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths