🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No response from talent scout program after i...
Page options
pandemiya
Community Member

No response from talent scout program after interview

Hi,
I had an interview over a month ago about joining a talent scout program. The person I talked to said I would get an answer telling me if I got in or not. Unfortunately since that interview, and it has been over a month, there has been no word from Upwork.

What can I do in this case, who should I contact to find out how things are going?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Grzegorz,

We appreciate your patience while we were getting this sorted out. Avery and I just received a confirmation that your application to join Talent Scout was accepted and you shouldn't see the rejection message on your dashboard. That message was shown in error.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Grzegorz.

I’ll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
pandemiya
Community Member

Thank you for your help - half an hour ago I received an email that I got into the program 🙂

By the way - If I'm in, will that perhaps increase my chances to be invited to the expert vetted program? Or is it independent of each other?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Conratulations, Grzegorz! 

We will not automatically add the Expert-Vetted badge to your profile if you are accepted into Talent Scout. We do, however, review the freelancers in Talent Scout when inviting new talent to the Expert-Vetted program, so you may be invited at some point.

Good luck! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
pandemiya
Community Member

I understand - thank you for clarification

pandemiya
Community Member

Hi,
Over three weeks ago (after posting a topic on the forum because there was no response for over a month), I received an email in which I was accepted to the Talent Scout program, thanks to which I have access to job offers in Talent Cloud.

Today, however, I received an email that I was rejected due to an alleged lack of skill (which, funnily enough, I have certified through Upwork).

So how it is - am I in this program or not?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you, Grzegorz. 

Let me look into this and I'll come back here once I have more information regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
pandemiya
Community Member

Thank you - to be clear, I still have access to Talent Cloud offers, but this email threw me into confusion.

pandemiya
Community Member

Today something has changed.

When I access the talent cloud offers through the dashboard, it says Upwork couldn't certify my skills, and I was not approved for the program.

But I still have access to those offers due to my being accepted to Talent Clouds earlier.

So how is it in the end?

I was accepted to the program the first time (meaning I had the suitable skill set), and now I've been rejected? This kind of behavior is highly unfair.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Grzegorz,

We appreciate your patience while we were getting this sorted out. Avery and I just received a confirmation that your application to join Talent Scout was accepted and you shouldn't see the rejection message on your dashboard. That message was shown in error.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
pandemiya
Community Member

Hi Bojan,
Yes, now everything looks correct.

Thank you for solving this issue. 

pandemiya
Community Member

By the way, half-jokingly, half-seriously - if you are looking for new talents for expert vetted in brand identity, I would be happy to apply ; )

Same here. Skill certified but rejected in Talent Scout program due to lack of skill. 

Hi Bharat,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about that. I will follow up with the relevant team and get back to you here as soon as I have an update.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep!

Thank you for responding and looking into the matter. Will I get updates here only or on my mail as well?

Best!

Bharat

Hi Bharat,

I can confirm this is still being looked into. You'll get an update right here as soon as we have anything to share. Thank you for your patience.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Bharat,

I'd recommend referring to the email notification the team sent to you after reviewing your application as we won't be able to share the details here in the Community. 
Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

I thought Upwork and its Community are very transparent. Anyway, I dropped you a direct message and there you can share the confidential details you were referring to.

Thanks!

- Bharat

nikolas79
Community Member

Hello Bojan, I seem to have the same problem.

I had my interview back in Mon Aug 9, 2021 2:30pm – 3pm Central Time,

my interviewer said that I should have a response in a week or two,

I have not heard back from anyone yet.

On my dashboard it says that I have not had my interview yet, this must be some kind of error!

I have reached out to Upwork support a few times. A couple of days ago was the latest time,

not really sure that anyone at Upwork support really understood what my problem is.

Would be great if someone could help me out with this.

Thank you.

Hi Nicolas,

I can see that your concern has already been escalated by one of our agents. Please allow the team time to get back to you on the same ticket. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

will do, thank you !

9c9dc852
Community Member

The same thing happened to me as well. I'd like to know the status of my talent scout application.

Hi Syed,

I can see that the team have sent you an update a few minutes ago about the status of your application for the Talent Scout. Kindly refer to this ticket for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members