🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not Getting a single job | 160 Connects waste...
Page options
iamabdurrahman
Community Member

Not Getting a single job | 160 Connects wasted | within just 7 days

I have submitted my proposal for a lot of jobs but there is no job or any messages. Totally 160  connect wasted within just 7 days. Normally I am getting 4 - 5  jobs if I spend 40 connects but now I didn't get any single job. Is there any problem with my cover letter, profile or portfolio.....?

Portfolio :  https://www.flickr.com/photos/144895236@N04/
Profile : https://www.upwork.com/fl/abdurrahman949

Looking forward to your solutions.

Thank you
Abdur Rahman

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
a_lipsey
Community Member

Your profile is pretty boring. It basically reads like what you studied in school or what software you learned. For me, when I'm reading a profile, I want someone who stands out as an expert, by their accomplishments/achievements. Have you won any awards? Designed for any interesting companies/professionals? Your profile reads like this, in summary: "I'm a designer, I know this software, I've been working for 5 years. " That's pretty boring and doesn't really pique my interest in hiring you. 

I know everyone here always says just talk about what you will do for the client, and certainly it's important to talk about what you will bring to the project, but for me, when I'm looking at a profile (not the cover letter) this is your place to brag and tell me why you're the best, better than the rest. (Don't say it like that, show it in talking about your experience and achievements.) Then in your cover letter, how you will use your experience to give the best logo that I will be blown away by. 

I don't get very excited about working with you when reading your profile. Regarding your portfolio, the first few images are very similar styles. Can you re-arrange the order so when the client first opens it they see the diversity of styles? Because if I don't feel like scrolling, and many clients won't, I'm only going to see the first few, and they are very similar, and unless that's like what I want, I'm not going to hire you. 

Hope that helps. Good luck! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lysis10
Community Member

Wouldn't you think that since you spent 160 connects in 7 days that you wouldn't see the effects of those bids until next week or the week after?

you are correct but the newest clients are (new upwork account created clients) always choosing the designer on the same day after posting the job. I have submitted lots of proposals to new clients and got hired before by some clients on the same day but now I didn't get any jobs or messages.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Your profile is pretty boring. It basically reads like what you studied in school or what software you learned. For me, when I'm reading a profile, I want someone who stands out as an expert, by their accomplishments/achievements. Have you won any awards? Designed for any interesting companies/professionals? Your profile reads like this, in summary: "I'm a designer, I know this software, I've been working for 5 years. " That's pretty boring and doesn't really pique my interest in hiring you. 

I know everyone here always says just talk about what you will do for the client, and certainly it's important to talk about what you will bring to the project, but for me, when I'm looking at a profile (not the cover letter) this is your place to brag and tell me why you're the best, better than the rest. (Don't say it like that, show it in talking about your experience and achievements.) Then in your cover letter, how you will use your experience to give the best logo that I will be blown away by. 

I don't get very excited about working with you when reading your profile. Regarding your portfolio, the first few images are very similar styles. Can you re-arrange the order so when the client first opens it they see the diversity of styles? Because if I don't feel like scrolling, and many clients won't, I'm only going to see the first few, and they are very similar, and unless that's like what I want, I'm not going to hire you. 

Hope that helps. Good luck! 

As a Client, you gave me the best answer because I am getting lots of profile views but offers are very few. Now I understand the problem behind this.

Thank you so much for your solution.

Glad I could help. Try and make your profile unique. When you read it, see if you can replace anyone else's name in there and it would still be true. If it could be true for any graphic designer, then it's not going to stand out. What makes you special? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members