🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not Getting new projects
Page options
mughalshehroze12
Community Member

Not Getting new projects

Hello Everyone

I have been trying to work on Upwork, but from sometime I'm not getting any new job, i apply for new jobs but no customer show up or message me

Can some please check if there is a problem with my profile or there is an issue

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
abu_ansarul-mush
Community Member

Hello! I understand that it can be frustrating not getting new projects on Upwork despite actively applying for jobs. Here are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Review your profile: Make sure your profile is complete and up-to-date. Ensure that your profile picture, title, summary, and portfolio accurately reflect your skills and experience. Also, make sure that your profile is optimized for relevant keywords so that clients can find you easily.
  2. Check your proposals: Review your proposals to ensure they are well-written, clear, and concise. Make sure you're customizing your proposals to the specific job requirements, and highlighting how your skills and experience align with the client's needs.
  3. Consider lowering your rates: If you're not getting enough responses, you may want to consider lowering your rates temporarily. This can make you more competitive and increase your chances of landing a job.
  4. Improve your skills: Consider taking additional courses or certifications to improve your skills and make yourself more marketable. This can also help you increase your rates in the long run.
  5. Network with other freelancers: Connect with other freelancers in your industry and participate in online communities. This can help you stay up-to-date on industry trends and potentially lead to new job opportunities.

I hope these suggestions help!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
spectralua
Community Member

Look good. Some minor hints, like remove [INTRODUCTION] tag. It is cool but you wasted 2 lines with useless info.

Thanks 

abu_ansarul-mush
Community Member

Hello! I understand that it can be frustrating not getting new projects on Upwork despite actively applying for jobs. Here are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Review your profile: Make sure your profile is complete and up-to-date. Ensure that your profile picture, title, summary, and portfolio accurately reflect your skills and experience. Also, make sure that your profile is optimized for relevant keywords so that clients can find you easily.
  2. Check your proposals: Review your proposals to ensure they are well-written, clear, and concise. Make sure you're customizing your proposals to the specific job requirements, and highlighting how your skills and experience align with the client's needs.
  3. Consider lowering your rates: If you're not getting enough responses, you may want to consider lowering your rates temporarily. This can make you more competitive and increase your chances of landing a job.
  4. Improve your skills: Consider taking additional courses or certifications to improve your skills and make yourself more marketable. This can also help you increase your rates in the long run.
  5. Network with other freelancers: Connect with other freelancers in your industry and participate in online communities. This can help you stay up-to-date on industry trends and potentially lead to new job opportunities.

I hope these suggestions help!

mughalshehroze12
Community Member

I have been experimenting with my proposals but do you have any suggestion how i can build and connect with freelancers from same industry i do on upwork

jas_19er
Community Member

Hi,

I am facing same problem, I keep applying to projects. I always write custom bid message for every job application because it cost you Connects!

But I never ever got a single reply from any client from past few months.

My Profile is 100% complete, applied with lowest possible rates.

Few years ago I passed skill exams and rated under top 30% here but now that is disappread too.

Anyone can help me on this please?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members