🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not getting any Invites
Page options
1e2956d1
Community Member

Not getting any Invites

This is my 3rd week on Upwork and for the first 2 weeks  I got 5 invites, from one of them I was hired, I declined 3 ( as they did not match my skills) and for one of them I was not hired. 

After I declined 2 invites in a row, I stopped getting any invites.

I have 3 running contracts, and my 4th contract  ended with a 5 star reviews and the job was successfully done. I have 100$+ earnings, and still I am not getting any invites.

My hours are set to - as needed open to offers and I am actively applying for jobs too but not getting any interviews. Does the profile sometimes get shadowed?

Can someone help me with it?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wescowley
Community Member

First, you're doing very well to get hired so quickly after starting here. Many people go much much longer without getting any interviews, let alone jobs.

Invitations start out very slow when you're new, and most of the ones newcomers get are likely to be scams. So again, you're doing well to get a legitimate invitation this early. Even for long-time members, they come in waves because Upwork rotates freelancers in the search results. 

The only advice I have to you at this point is to be patient and persistent. As you win more jobs and your profile builds up, it will get easier.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
wescowley
Community Member

First, you're doing very well to get hired so quickly after starting here. Many people go much much longer without getting any interviews, let alone jobs.

Invitations start out very slow when you're new, and most of the ones newcomers get are likely to be scams. So again, you're doing well to get a legitimate invitation this early. Even for long-time members, they come in waves because Upwork rotates freelancers in the search results. 

The only advice I have to you at this point is to be patient and persistent. As you win more jobs and your profile builds up, it will get easier.

Thank you for the advice

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members