🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not receiving reply on submitted proposals in...
Page options
vinod111
Community Member

Not receiving reply on submitted proposals in last 2 months. It's just me?

Hello Upwork,

I am one of the most experienced freelancers here. I have seen and enjoyed the journey from Odesk to Upwork. I have adopted many changes time by time on Upwork. The last time I worked was in the month of July & after that, I'm unable to receive a reply on my submitted proposals.

Not sure what the reason but this is a never-before situation.

I think many freelancers are facing the same problem so please check out if there are any technical issues or do something about it.

Thanks,

Vinod

9 REPLIES 9
fc4d47f0
Community Member

Not just you...same here, 100%JSS top rated, was getting 2-3 invitations a week this whole year and constant work up until July, now nothing and no replies from last 30 submitted proposals. Something has changed.

yes, from the month of July I'm noticing this change. They have surely done some changes to the algorithm. 

grendon
Community Member

Yeah, definitely not just you. Check out this sad thing attached:

Notice that from the 4 interviews, 3 were scams. 

grendon_0-1663158433765.png

vinod111
Community Member

The same is the case with me and I know there are many more like us. Not sure what's going on here. 

paywell
Community Member

Thank you, Vinod, for your input. I am glad that it's not just me who see's that happening. 

I sometimes wonder what the client sees on his side. 

Have they all become lazy all of a sudden?

Is it the budget, which has fallen so low, that normal offers are not considered (nor viewed)?

If it is so, wouldn't it make sense to reply to a good proposal and try to get the price down, instead of dead on ignoring it?

Technical issues spring to mind. But so does heavy undercutting.

That's on one hand. On the other: I see jobs posted, viewed by clients after my proposal is sent, and after new proposals come. But no interviews and no hires.

What is happening?

P.S. love the comic sans! Adds an even more friendly tone to your post. Nice!

vinod111
Community Member

I sometimes wonder what the client sees on his side. 

Have they all become lazy all of a sudden?

Is it the budget, which has fallen so low, that normal offers are not considered (nor viewed)?

For this reason, I think a few days back I've written one post or shared feedback that at least freelancers should know the

client's activity on a submitted proposal. that will bring more clarity. 

Technical issues spring to mind. But so does heavy undercutting.

That's on one hand. On the other: I see jobs posted, viewed by clients after my proposal is sent, and after new proposals come. But no interviews and no hires.

What is happening?

yeah, many jobs are closed without hiring and I think I have stopped receiving the connects back when the job is closed. this new connect system is one more problem.

P.S. love the comic sans! Adds an even more friendly tone to your post. Nice!

thanks. I used to write all of my posts in the same font.

paywell
Community Member

Here are my 5 cents on the matter and how it negatively affects all of the parties included:

Clients-with-0-interview 

wpboss
Community Member

I am also facing the same issue.

miriam-ocampo
Community Member

Same here, it's been a couple of months and I haven't made any money. All that Upwork does is send me the courses they want me to take but that doesn't help at all. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members