🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » One of my recent clients gave me a bad review...
Page options
iamkhatkar
Community Member

One of my recent clients gave me a bad review without any reason. What to do now?

One of my recent clients hired me to work on his website and make it SEO Optimized. When we talked about it, I never said anything related to SEO but website creation. I completed his website within 8 days and now when the project has been completed and also ended by the client, he gave me 3.5 starts. This will impact my JSS and also, future opportunities. Is there any way I could request my client reconsider the ratings he gave to me? I mean I have done a great job with satisfying my clients with the results they were looking for. Please if somebody can help me or give me a suggestion. With the competitive nature of Upwork, client satisfaction has always been my priority. So what should I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For future be sure that requirements is clear. Agree all within interview. Start works only after that, where you are sure that able to reach all goals.

For example i always say like that: "able to do this and this, but unable to do this. It works for you?"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
spectralua
Community Member

Asking for good feedback is rules violation. But you can ask if you can do something to resolve issue. In your case client want SEO but it is out of your knowledge. So accept it as-is and move forward.

You can reply to public feedback where explain that non-related to contract scope works asked and you rejected.

iamkhatkar
Community Member

I am not asking for a good review. I am just trying to find a way can satisfy my client. I have always done a good job and even refunded if needed. But I am kinda confused about what actually happened here. But thanks for your response.

For future be sure that requirements is clear. Agree all within interview. Start works only after that, where you are sure that able to reach all goals.

For example i always say like that: "able to do this and this, but unable to do this. It works for you?"

tlsanders
Community Member

Private feedback is what really impacts your JSS and clients cannot change it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members