🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Open Jobs- Can Upwork have the end date as th...
Page options
arunkumar60
Community Member

Open Jobs- Can Upwork have the end date as the date when the last payment was received?

I have a few Upwork jobs which are open since ages, most of the clients are no longer there and its been more than 18 months I worked with a few of them.

The problem is if I close these Jobs now, there would be no feedback from the clients end and all of these will pile up at the top of my work history. So the next time a potential client see's my work history he/she will see around 20-30 with no feedback.

Is there a way Upwork could consider the last date of these contracts as the last date when a payment was received? That way these jobs/feedbacks wont pile up at the top but instead be somewhere in between. Thoughts?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Arun,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I want to let you know that I have passed your feedback on to the team for review and consideration. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

No. I have open contracts for years with dozens of milestones, it would be a terrible customer experience if the client had to create a new contract every time. 

Also, automatically closing contracts would only lead to less contracts with feedback, since many clients don't leave any. 

You should obviously not end all contracts at the same time, only in between contracts with feedback. There is no need or requirement to end them all at the same time. 

JoanneP

Hi Arun,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I want to let you know that I have passed your feedback on to the team for review and consideration. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members