🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: PHOBIA of Sending Proposals!
Page options
S M Shahriar K Community Member

PHOBIA of Sending Proposals!

Last year or so, I noticed a lot of people saying in this forum about suspending their accounts for sending too many proposals. From then I got a phobia of sending proposals at all! As a result, my stats page shows this You've applied to 9 jobs in the past 90 days.

I'm on Freelancer Plus plan, Top Rated and earned 100k+ but still just couldn't get over this fear of suspension. An Upwork suspension is a last thing I want right now.

Anyway there is HOPE. Recenty I heard Upwork isn't suspending accounts as they rolled out the new connect system. Is that true? Any official confirmation?

~ Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
Antun M Community Member

S M Shahriar K wrote:

Last year or so, I noticed a lot of people saying in this forum about suspending their accounts for sending too many proposals. From then I got a phobia of sending proposals at all! As a result, my stats page shows this You've applied to 9 jobs in the past 90 days.

I'm on Freelancer Plus plan, Top Rated and earned 100k+ but still just couldn't get over this fear of suspension. An Upwork suspension is a last thing I want right now.

Anyway there is HOPE. Recenty I heard Upwork isn't suspending accounts as they rolled out the new connect system. Is that true? Any official confirmation?

~ Cheers

Just do your thing.

No fear.

Stuff you're concerned about is not implemented for freelancers like yourself. People you're reading about do not use UpWork properly.

If you're not as active on UpWork for some time (months, years..), is 'suspension' (profile becoming private) really the 'last thing you want right now' ?

If I'm wrong and you ARE an active user - Just do your thing. Send proposals.
Obviouslly, you know to choose jobs that are best match for you opposed to send 50+ proposals weekly.

Why fear?

Petra R Community Member

S M Shahriar K wrote:

Recenty I heard Upwork isn't suspending accounts as they rolled out the new connect system. Is that true?

For the moment yes, that is true.

S M Shahriar K Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Thanks Petra. It would be more helpful if someone from Upwork could confirm this.

Petra R Community Member

S M Shahriar K wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Thanks Petra. It would be more helpful if someone from Upwork could confirm this.

You're perfectly welcome to trudge through the thousands of forum posts to find the ones where staff (Lena for example, who is the manager) have confirmed this already.

At any rate, as a top rated freelancer with reasonable earnings you were never in any danger of "too many proposals" getting you suspended anyway, let alone to the point of developing a PHOBIA (capital letters and all...)

Douglas Michael M Community Member

S M Shahriar K wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Since mods are often putting out fires, confirming something they've said multiple times may not be high on their priority list. For what it's worth, after some initial caution à la Petra, plural moderators have made flat statements like "We don't do that anymore." On the other hand, Upwork has said quite a few things in recent months that were contradicted, reversed, or rescinded shortly thereafter.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members