🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment Delay?
Page options
Joeric A Community Member

Payment Delay?

No federal holiday or Upwork notice but haven't seen my earnings available for withdrawal 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Valeria K Community Member

Hi All,

I'd like to confirm that the bug originally reported on this thread has since been resolved and the earnings became available. 

Due to
another issue that has since been resolved some funds that were supposed to become available on Friday, January 6 became available prematurely. So if you made a withdrawal earlier in the week (January 2, 2023), you have already withdrawn your earnings despite a notification you may have received on the 6th. We encourage you to check your Transaction History report for more details.

The reason why it’s now showing $0.00 is that the premature availability of funds caused your account to have a negative balance and since the issue has been fixed and your funds are now released, the negative balance has been paid off by the amount you have received. Simply put, this means that the funds have been withdrawn earlier than expected causing it to show $0.00 now. If you have not withdrawn anything and you did not see any negative balance prior to the availability of your funds based on transaction history, please contact our support team on this page

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

331 REPLIES 331
Regie Mon A Community Member

1st pay day of the year, payment delay

Hiram K Community Member

I'm experiencing a similar delay - the funds should have moved from "In Review" to "Available" hours ago.

Abdul Mokit M Community Member

same issue here

Michael B Community Member

Here as well. Was kind of depending on it working correctly lol

Catherine M Community Member

Where are the moderators? I tried chatting with support but it's closed. 

Zaldy S Community Member

I was able to chat with their "autobot" support, but none of the options are even close to this issue. So I was asked if I wanted to talk to an agent, I clicked yes. Then it replied that the agents will be available tomorrow at 7am. whew. Then two options appeared, "Submit a ticket" and "I'll be back later". I opted for the former of course :D. After 20 minutes or so, I received an email saying:

Your request (#38465513) has been updated. You may reply directly to this email or by opening the link below:
https://support.upwork.com/hc/requests/38465513

Aris R (Upwork Help)

Jan 6, 2023, 2:14 PM GMT+8

Hello Zaldy Sxxxxxxxx,

We have received reports about this issue and our technical team is currently investigating and is working diligently on fixing this. We apologize for the impact this is causing and we will be sending you a reply as soon as an update is received. I have set the status of your ticket to "on hold," but you do not need to provide additional information at this time.

I appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Upwork Support

Dannivie L Community Member

Same here. I have tried reaching out to their customer support (chat) but no one is available, accordingly they will be back tomorrow.  It's odd as no announcement has been made on this.

Deborah L Community Member

I just tried calling. It said the wait time was 3 minutes. After 20 minutes it came back and said no one was available and to leave a message. 

Well that's super aggravating 😕

Samantha R Community Member

I tried to contact the customer service on the web page, but no one responded. The page showed that 7am PST customer service will work.

Samantha R Community Member

Me too, if fast payout is not available, I think it would be better to let us know, otherwise it would feel really bad.

Mhilanie B Community Member

Same here..is it possible that it relates to the glitch happen early this week where in some funds becomes available then subsequently reversed by Upwork however, some freelancers already withdrawn the funds?

Jonathan Patrick L Community Member

I didn't know about that - but it could be. Maybe they reset the global payment settings and forgot to turn on the exemption for Top Rated freelancers. 

Reyzael O Community Member

same issue here

Regie Mon A Community Member

Does Upwork not have any words to say about this problem?

Michelle C Community Member

Status shows fixed , I don't see funds , customer service not available 

Suzette Joy D Community Member

Same Issue. Funds usually are available at 5am UTC which was an hour ago. Until now funds are not available yet. 😞

Lucio Ricardo M Community Member

I hope the funds are not sent in back to the next wednesday, as happened when the card of my client failed to be charged.

Jonathan Patrick L Community Member

I received a response to my ticket. (Basically, just hang in there guys, they're working on it!):

Aris R (Upwork Help)
Jan 6, 2023, 2:14 PM GMT+8

Hello Jonathan,

We have received reports about this issue and our technical team is currently investigating and is working diligently on fixing this. We apologize for the impact this is causing and we will be sending you a reply as soon as an update is received. I have set the status of your ticket to "on hold," but you do not need to provide additional information at this time.

I appreciate your patience.

Thank you for posting this!

Myra C Community Member

Thanks for the update!

Myra Cruz
Madel P Community Member

Thanks for this!

Suzette Joy D Community Member

They are providing everyone who created a ticket the same copied and pasted response. Very disappointing.

Felix G Community Member

Well, I suppose that pretty much settles it. They always send a warning when there are issues. They should have done so with this too.

Ah I just got the same reply o my ticket. At least they're paying attention... 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members