cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Issue

cartoongirl
Sinem B Member Since: Nov 19, 2020
1 of 26

Hello, the payment I transferred to my account is still not received. I talked to my bank, it does not appear in the pool. He said the payment might have returned to you. Can you check? If he returns to you, can I give you my USD account information for payment? I think there is a problem with this.  

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 26

Sinem B wrote:

Hello, the payment I transferred to my account is still not received. 

Has it been 8 business days (excluding weekends and holidays?) since you withdrew?

Sinem B wrote:

He said the payment might have returned to you. 

If it has been returned, it will automatically appear in your Upwork balance again.

Sinem B wrote:

can I give you my USD account information for payment?

You need to do that yourself by adding it as a withdrawal method in your settings.

cartoongirl
Sinem B Member Since: Nov 19, 2020
3 of 26

It has not been 8 days, but they said that the money payments from abroad are normally paid within 3 days?

petra_r
Community Guru
BEST ANSWER
4 of 26

Sinem B wrote:

It has not been 8 days, but they said that the money payments from abroad are normally paid within 3 days?

It takes 2 to 5 business days (excluding holidays and weekends.)

Upwork won't initiate a trace until a minimum of 8 business days (excluding holidays and weekends) have passed, because the funds almost invariably  turn up by then!

View solution in original post

umerhussain67
Ace Contributor
Muhammad Umer H Member Since: Aug 9, 2020
5 of 26
I did a direct local bank transfer on Friday Evening US time of a minimal amount just check direct transfer from Upwork to ma Bank Account for the first time that how it works and how much time does it take. It has not yet received my bank account after the completion of almost 4 business days or 3 might be. Exchange rates are also low than Payoneer and also takes too much time.

I use Upwork to Payoneer to Bank Account and it works great as money arrives within a day mostly.

I would suggest to those outside US to use Upwork to Payoneer method.

Would anyone guide me Upwork being the best freelance market on the globe, but lacks in this area of payments.

We still love Upwork.

Thanks
Regards
andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
6 of 26

Hi Umer,

In general, direct to local bank payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. Please consider Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds. You can check out this help article for more info on Direct to Local Bank Fees and Timing.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
umerhussain67
Ace Contributor
7 of 26
>From Saturday morning till now i think we have completed 4 business days.
Please guide.
Thanks for the answer
petra_r
Community Guru
8 of 26

Umer H wrote:
>From Saturday morning till now i think we have completed 4 business days.
Please guide.
Thanks for the answer

No. It's 3. Saturday and Sunday are not business days. A trace can not be initiated until 8 business days (excluding weekends and holidays such as Christmas) have passed.

umerhussain67
Ace Contributor
9 of 26
Okay Thanks, I will wait for 8 business days then.
umerhussain67
Ace Contributor
10 of 26
The transaction was done last Saturday on 19th December and it has not reached bank account yet. Can we initiate a trace now?
Thanks
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS