🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment Pending
Page options
claudine_dawn
Community Member

Payment Pending

Hello. First of all I just want to clarify that I have read exactly your rule as regards fixed price and hourly rate. I regret that I still have to ask this question though. I have this contract that  ended on June 21, 2019. It's a fixed contract which I assume there's a 5 day security period for it to become available. Unfortunately it's already July 2, 2019 today and the payment still pending. Can you look up to this, and tell me what happened?

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Claudine Dawn S wrote:

I have this contract that  ended on June 21, 2019. It's a fixed contract which I assume there's a 5 day security period for it to become available. Unfortunately it's already July 2, 2019 today and the payment still pending. Can you look up to this, and tell me what happened?

Was the client's payment method verified? Was the payment funded in Escrow (not a bonus etc?)

Go to your "Pending Page" and check if there is a date in the left hand column.

pending.jpg

Yes the clients payment verified. Here's a screenshot which shows its still pending:

https://gyazo.com/398c6c1aed8444490991c521e2568b1e

I'm just confused why the last contract I had , is already scheduled to bepaid thanthe earlier contract.

Claudine Dawn S wrote:

I'm just confused why the last contract I had , is already scheduled to bepaid thanthe earlier contract.

It is a bonus. The client clearly never paid Upwork for that. This means that unless and until the client pays Upwork, you won't be paid.

I see, however that bonus is part of the payment and not really bonus as a reward. How do I solve that?

Claudine Dawn S wrote:

I see, however that bonus is part of the payment and not really bonus as a reward.

Never accept to be paid by bonus. If the client decides not to pay you, you don't ever get paid.

Claudine Dawn S wrote:

How do I solve that?

You don't. You can't.

The client can solve it (by paying Upwork.)

I see, thank you for clarifying that. I never knew about that bonus thing until now.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members