🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment by company
Page options
b148c65c
Community Member

Payment by company

Hi all,

I got a project which I already finiseh and approved by Project leader. For payment I have to contact the company for which I did the project.

Is UPWORK paying or the company?. I am cobfused.

tx a lot for quick advice

BR

Ellie

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rmag84
Community Member

Ellie, the client will pay to Upwork, not directly to you, you have to set a payment method in the settings of your Upwork profile

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
rmag84
Community Member

Hi Ellie, if it was an hourly based contract the platform will charge the client the hours you logged by the end of each week, if it is a fixed contract, the client has to approved the milestones to release the payments

b148c65c
Community Member

Tx Ricardo, 

it's my first time on upwork and I got my first project within few hrs. It was a 2-day project. The payment will ve done by the company and I am not sure if I should provide bank datas. 

A bit confused, sorry.

☺️

rmag84
Community Member

Ellie, the client will pay to Upwork, not directly to you, you have to set a payment method in the settings of your Upwork profile

b148c65c
Community Member

Thanks Ricardo.

data_divas
Community Member

Were you sent an offer on Upwork? Do you have contract on Upwork? If hourly did you use the time tracker to track your hours? This job sounds like it may be scam.

celgins
Community Member

I'm certain this job was a scam. The client offered you work through Upwork without starting a contract, which is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. I highly doubt a job description even shows on Upwork.

Freelancers rarely receive job invites within a few hours of joining Upwork. Do not provide any bank data or any other information to them. If you do, the scam will continue and you will be asked for money or they might attempt to steal money from your bank.

sofia2008
Community Member

Do you have a contract when you click My Jobs (upwork.com)

If yes, you should be paid through Upwork

If no, do not provide your bank details as it is a serious Violation of the Terms of Service

Read the main article at the top of this post and click on all the links to learn how things work, what is allowed and what is not.

To all freelancers looking for help - Page 14 - Upwork Community

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members