🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment has not been processed
Page options
maricardgz
Community Member

Payment has not been processed

Hi,
I withdraw my funds Jan 1 at around 8am via local bank transfer. I received an email of withdrawal notification. My problem is until now i have not received the email "payment has been processed". Usually I received that email same day evening, but until now there is none.

Can someone help me?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

There is a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds. 

If more than 2 business days have passed and you still haven’t received the email, please let us know here and we'll be happy to check that your transaction was successful on our end.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

302 REPLIES 302

Same here

xtn_311
Community Member

No 2nd email too?

regiemon
Community Member

Yep. the email "Your payment has been processed"

Requested 11am 

is this problem just for BPI account holders or for other banks too?

Hi Arianne, 
Sorry to hear that you're facing the issue. I think you have to wait till the weekend. And I hope you will receive the 2nd email and payment as well by Monday. It could be some problem with the email. If you received the 1st email so definitely will come 2nd the email. If not come by the end of Saturday, please make sure the Payment page and check if payment is returned or still showing that you have withdrawn the payment.
Thanks

Hi. I have the same problem. Has this been resolved on your end? Haven't received any confirmation email yet and payment is still not yet transferred to my account.

I haven't received any confirmation too. Usually it takes less than an hour for my funds to be processed. Could anyone here help us?

Any update guys? have you received the second email?

Not yet 😓

Same here. Is this with BPI accounts only? Thanks for those who will answer. 

Even BDO account holders too

Thanks. Hopefully this will be resolve by tomorrow the least 😞

I have a UB account and this is happening to me as well. 😓

Probably this is on all bank accounts. Haven't receive the 2nd email yet until now. 😞

I have Unionbank no luck too

My wife has the same problem with her pay today. No 2nd email yet confirming "Your payment has been processed". Usually that's our indication that they funds is already in our bank account. Our bank is Unionbank of the Philippines. I saw a conversation trail in one of the Facebook group of freelancers here in the Philippines having the same issues we're experiencing and there are tons of comments that they have the same issue too. If other freelancers are having issues too and we have different banks that we used to withdraw (Unionbank, BPI, BDO, LBP, etc.),maybe the issue here is with Upwork. Not sure but I'm just saying based on our experience getting paid weekly.

it can be due to bank server issue, nothing to worry you should wait for some more time.

Probably. I can't just help but wonder multiple/different banks having the same server issues at the same time/same day. Can't take off the possibility that its Upwork's platform that's having an issue here. I'm just trying to isolate the case so we can determine what's causing the problem.

one more thing, always withdraw funds via your local bank directly

Received the cofirmation email that payment has been processed just now. No funds received in my bank account yet

same here. UB

Same. Email received. No funds credited to UB.

yanimaravillo
Community Member

Hi everyone, I received the payment has been processed email last night at around 9:30 pm Philippine time. However, it is unlikely that I will receive the funds this weekend, so I'll just wait until Monday for the crediting of the payout to my local bank. I hope you received the confirmation email as well! Have a good weekend!

patrick_argao
Community Member

I think the sudden change happened last 10/1/2022. The Your payment has been processed email I received 9 hours after instead of the less than an hour. The funds got credited Monday at 8 AM EST while I withdrew it Fri 10/01 at 12MN EST. 

The withdrawal I did last 10/07 at 12MN EST, I received the Your payment has been processed at 12PM EST so I'm assuming it'll be credited Monday 10/10 at 8 AM EST

brydaboy
Community Member

😞

dennisdawn85
Community Member

no fund credited/ reflected on my bank account still 😞

Hi Jay,

I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Direct to local bank transfers may take up to 4 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Nikola
Upwork
patrick_argao
Community Member

Based on my delay experience last 10/01 withdrawal, it should have been credited by today 8 AM EST but it looks like there's nothing yet.

It's Columbus Day in the U.S. a federal holiday, and most banks are closed.  So it's not counted as a business day, and deposits won't appear until tomorrow.  That's how deposits have always worked on federal holidays - they get delayed a day.

concepcion1230
Community Member

UB 😩

raymundbaya
Community Member

Seems like freelancers from the Philippines are the ones who experienced this problem recently.  I encountered the same problem last Friday, October 7, it took more than 9 hours before I received the confirmation email stating the payment has been processed. It's an unusual scenario because it's a norm for me to get the funds within 1 or 2 hours, been with Upwork since 2013 and this is the first time ever that I have had to wait for my funds to be reflected in my local bank this long. It's giving me anxiety and uncertainty. I literally check every 10 minutes to check if the amount is already in the bank...until now it's not there yet :(... As a breadwinner of the family and someone living from paycheck to paycheck, getting the funds right time on time is the most important thing to me. I've reached out to customer service, and they said that I have to wait 8 business days, I understand that's the SOP. I hope and pray that this will not gonna happen again to anyone, it's stressful in a way. Hope someone can fix this problem. Thanks!

I received my funds just now. Please check yours! 

0c8338a0
Community Member

I have processed a withdrawal yesterday which I understand is a Holiday but until now I have not received it. 

sybilceniza
Community Member

I usually get the email confirmation 5 minutes after I click 'Get Paid' - but I didn't receive that this time. I'd also like to add that I always, since I've started on Upwork, would receive the payment after 5 hours (max) (of course, except during holidays) on my bank account. 

What could be the problem?

Hi Sybil,

Thank you for reaching out. There is a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds. 

If more than 2 business days have passed and you still haven’t received the email, please let us know here and we'll be happy to check that your transaction was successful on our end.

However, I checked your account and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end.

~ AJ
Upwork
amgad2020
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team,

It has been 3 days until now and I haven't received "Payments are processing" mail using the Wire Transfer method and of course the payment it self. Please help!!

Thanks

Hi Amgad,

Thank you for reaching out. There is a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds. 

However, I checked your account and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end.

~ AJ
Upwork
1eb3f8eb
Community Member

I withdraw my first fund on November 26 via local bank transfer. I received an email of withdrawal notification. My problem is until now i have not received the email "payment has been processed".  Can you please help me out

Hi Muhammad,

~ AJ
Upwork
e074cb67
Community Member

Hello Moderators

Please I made a ACH withdrawal and only got the confirmation email but not the payment has been processed email.

Please can you help look into this.

Thanks.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members