🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment has not been processed
Page options
maricardgz
Community Member

Payment has not been processed

Hi,
I withdraw my funds Jan 1 at around 8am via local bank transfer. I received an email of withdrawal notification. My problem is until now i have not received the email "payment has been processed". Usually I received that email same day evening, but until now there is none.

Can someone help me?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

There is a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds. 

If more than 2 business days have passed and you still haven’t received the email, please let us know here and we'll be happy to check that your transaction was successful on our end.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

298 REPLIES 298

Hi Sanjeevi,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't heard from the Customer Support team yet. I've followed up with them and they have already replied to your ticket here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9f2be60b
Community Member

Hi,

I have waited for 3 business days and Still my payment is not processed. Can you please look into it asap

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sanjeevi, 

I can see that you recently updated your support ticket with the same information. The Customer Support Team will get back to you once they get to your ticket in their queue. 

~ Avery
Upwork
chadramos
Community Member

I am a Top Rated for more than 5 years now and normally I am receiving my funds as early as 3-4 hours after a withdrew my funds in Upwork. Today I withdrew my funds at 11:27am but for some reason until now I have not received an email confirmation which is the second email (normally i am receiving the email after an hour). the funds is not yet on my bank. I need my money asap because I am taking medication for anxiety. And now my anxiety is getting stronger because of this problem.

Hello Richard,

I am sorry to hear that you are challenging anxiety problems and I can say, I fully feel you as I was going through the same. I am sure that everything will be better very soon.

Regarding the payments, from my own experience, Upwork processes withdrawals asap within 1-3 hours as you mentioned. I am not sure which time zone you are in, however, there is a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. The work is ultimately reliable and I am sure that your fund already arrived when I am writing this reply. If not yet, I am sure they will shortly.

If you would not receive your funds within 24 hours, do not hesitate to contact their customer service. One of the advisors will surely assist you and they will resolve the problem for you. 

Wish you a great day full of luck and love

I didn't receive any payment confirmation as well after my withdrawal this morning. I've actually seen a lot of posts about this issue and they told us that this should already be resolved.  This is the first time that this happened. A bit disappointing as I am not able to connect to anyone through Upwork's contact center.  

Hello Jobelle,

I understand that not receiving your money concerns you, however, I believe that there is no need to worry. 

I know, that this brings concerns and I can confirm that my payments are within 2 hours on my account but once I remember it took all day. The platform Upwork is reliable, however, also they can occur staff shortages, emergency situation in their offices or technical problems. If you will not get confirmation after 24 hours from request, log in to your profile and on top of the screen click on the question mark ?. After the pop-up window with Support will become available and click on it. To the chatbot type - Speak with the agent. You will add your details and problems which will create a ticket and a response will come to your email. Please be aware, that the get support button here in the community and on your profile works differently and the support button in the community will not connect you to the support. 

I understand. But I think most of the freelancers from the Philippines are having the same issues. We didn't receive an email confirmation that the payment has already been processed. It would be most helpful if one of Upwork's customer service reps would let us know that this issue is being looked at. Otherwise, we're all going to be wondering what's up. 

I just got the payment has been processed email. Thanks!

xtn_311
Community Member

Same here 😊

cad63b87
Community Member

Hello! I requested for payment early thid morning and the approval is still not available. It is taking longer than expected. We don't have holidays here in the Philippines right now. Bank is Bank of the Philippine Island. Thank you!

We have the same issue. My bank is LBP. I have the same issue last week too and Today I didnt receive a confirmation saying that the payment is already processed. Usually i receive that kind of confirmation after 10-20 minutes of payment request.

We have the same issue. My bank is LBP. I have the same issue last week too and Today I didnt receive a confirmation saying that the payment is already processed. Usually i receive that kind of confirmation after 10-20 minutes of payment request.

How many days did you wait to receive the confirmation that the bank already processed it?

Last week I received the confirmation after 2hrs but i received the funds after 12 hrs.

Today, I received the confirmation just now, maybe I will get the fund maybe midnight. Don't worry, I am sure you will receive yours within 24 hrs. This issue is not new to me, I think its been a year since the last time I experienced like this. Did you contact customer support?

My wife has the same problem with her pay today. No 2nd email yet confirming "Your payment has been processed". Usually that's our indication that they funds is already in our bank account. Our bank is Unionbank of the Philippines. I saw a conversation trail in one of the Facebook group of freelancers here in the Philippines having the same issues we're experiencing and there are tons of comments that they have the same issue too. If other freelancers are having issues too and we have different banks that we used to withdraw (Unionbank, BPI, BDO, LBP, etc.),maybe the issue here is with Upwork. Not sure but I'm just saying based on our experience getting paid weekly.

I got the confirmation just now, you already got yours?

I received the 2nd email around 9:20pm Philippine time but funds were not credited to my UB account.

Hello Lymar, Till now I don't have the fund yet, how bout you?

same here

We have the same issue, I withdrew my earnings lunch time and I got no email notification on my request for withdrawal has been processed. Usually it only take less then 30 mins. I'm from the Philippines also, my Bank is BDO. Please HELP!!!!!

Did you reach out to support? What they told you?

michelleannosico
Community Member

Hi, 

Anyone experiencing delay with the withdrawal today? I did a withdrawal earlier today and haven't received an email that the withdrawal has been processed. 

It's my 2nd time experiencing this delay as it only takes an hour for the withdrawal to be processed before. 

Thank you. 

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your message. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. You should receive an email notification as soon as the payment is processed.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

But I used to have the funds processed within the day, may we know what happen?

Hi Pradeep, thank you for the response.

I understand what you mean however, based on my previous withdrawals it only took less than an hour for the payment to be processed. So I was wondering if there are issues.

Thank you.

Me too

My wife has the same problem with her pay today. No 2nd email yet confirming "Your payment has been processed". Usually that's our indication that they funds is already in our bank account. Our bank is Unionbank of the Philippines. I saw a conversation trail in one of the Facebook group of freelancers here in the Philippines having the same issues we're experiencing and there are tons of comments that they have the same issue too. If other freelancers are having issues too and we have different banks that we used to withdraw (Unionbank, BPI, BDO, LBP, etc.),maybe the issue here is with Upwork. Not sure but I'm just saying based on our experience getting paid weekly.

Oh, I see. That's what I was wondering, if there is some problem with Upwork processing payments to local banks in the PH.

Hi Michelle, 

What's the bank you used to withdraw? We used Unionbank and have the same issue as yours.

Thanks

We have the same local bank. There seems to be a problem in the banking system in the PH, I guess.

Update: Received an email that payment has been processed but funds is not reflected in my bank account yet. It seems like the banks in the PH are having some problems.

Will keep posting updates here for this issue.

Update: Funds has been credited to my account.

Thank you, Upwork!

mine too, just now! 🙂

malinaorhea
Community Member

Hey support please check my upwork payment request. I initiate it 6 hrs ago and until now I did not received an email saying that it was processed by upwork?

Hi Rhea,

I am having the same issue. I wonder what happened, usually it only takes less than an hour for the payment to be processed.

Same issue here.

same issue with BDO 😭 (need to pay my helper pa nman)

yanimaravillo
Community Member

I requested Payout today around 12 noon Philippine time, but until now I have not received a second email saying it's been processed. I usually received the 2nd email within 1 hour and the fund is credited to my account after another hour. But now, there is no 2nd email and there is no funds yet. Please help.

Same problem here. Hope this gets resolved today.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members