🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment late, Christmas ruined. Trust lost
Page options
michaelsoorys
Community Member

Payment late, Christmas ruined. Trust lost

Hello, just another voice here. I'm in EU and in the same boat as many fellow freelancers. Payment from Dec 15th hasn't arrived and today initated another because idk what else to do.

The community has discovered that they started using a UK bank recently over Irish bank (in my case). This was without announcing us to prepare for any DEFINITE delays because UK is outside SEPA.

It seems that a lot of freelancers are withdrawing on Friday, which speaks to the fact that all of us are TRP freelancers or at least get early withdrawals. So either:
A - UpWork somehow managed to screw their most productive users
B - The freelancers that withdraw on Wed have not had enough time to experience the delay

Are there any freelancers with regular withdrawals that experience the same delay?

EDIT: Seems like I'm one of the lucky ones and received the withdrawal, 15 min before banks close 😅.

A big warning to anyone who spots this, there is no currency conversion happening, if you're expecting 90€ you'll get 100€ from 100$, something is up with the conversion. While this is a nice this is nice and all, there are some things to worry about:

- UpWork might deduct this unintended bonus from your account in the future because it screwed their accounting.

- This is an edge case since we're all withdrawing EUR, but I can see the possibility of someone withdrawing Swedish Kronas, and someone expecting 980 SEK might receive 100 SEK

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
indktr
Community Member

I also just received my funds. For those who have not received the funds yet, I believe they are on the way.

If any of you guys need anything please reach out. I feel like some bonds were created during these past two days 🤣 Maybe because we freelancers sometimes feel we are alone against the world like some of you commented these last two days and finding this kind of support from you made things a bit easier, at least for me. 

Merry Christmas everybody. ❤️

View solution in original post

160 REPLIES 160

Hi Attrika,

The balance for the payment you're referring to is available on your account. If you wish to transfer that to your bank, you'll need to manually process it by clicking the "Get paid now" button on your Get Paid page.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members