🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment rejected by the bank
Page options
501b99a4
Community Member

Payment rejected by the bank

I have made withdraw request to my local bank (debit card) twice and been rejected twice.

Rejection email:

501b99a4_0-1700719734665.png

I thought it was because my name is not present in the bank withdraw detail, so I added it.

Yesterday I made a request for the third time at around 190$. All of my fellows who make the same withdraw request received their money within the same days, few after 2 days. But it's been 2 days already, so there is a decent probability it will end up rejected again.

Withdraw rejection from Paypal to local bank for example, would tipically include an explanation for the rejection. But not here. How do I know why my local bank rejected this transaction?

What does the ref codes mean? How can I use them?

Can anyone guide me through solving this issue?

Thank you beforehand!

6 REPLIES 6
PradeepH

Hello Fariz,

I am sorry to hear about the rejected transfer. I understand that this can be frustrating and I am here to help. As mentioned in the notification, the transfer was rejected by your bank. I would recommend that you contact your bank directly to inquire about the reason for rejecting your withdrawal. They should be able to provide you with more information about the rejection. Feel free to initiate the withdrawal again after the issue is resolved with your bank.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you Pradheep,

what about the ref codes, could they be used to track problems in withdraw requests?

You can share the reference ID but I cannot guarantee you that they will be able to track the problem using the reference ID as I do not have visibility to the tools used by your bank. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you Pradeep, that's helping enough:
Here are the IDs:
Payment Upwork Ref ID
Returned Payment Upwork Ref ID

2d394e8f
Community Member

I have the same issue just today I received a notification that my payment was "rejected by the bank" without any report to show my bank about this so they can actually check what the problem is. The bank details are correct and frok other clients outside Upwork I use the same bank account for payments and this never happens.

it looks alarming having to read a lot of same reviews here. This is my first time to receive a payment from upwork and it's already not a good and very suspicious experience. 

Hi Jeline,

I'm sorry if you're having difficulties withdrawing your funds through your preferred payment method. I see that you've been communicating with the appropriate team for your case. Please continue coordinating with the team through the same ticket here or in your email; they'll surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members