🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment verification
Page options
roberty1y
Community Member

Payment verification

Hi, I've just finished my first job on Upwork, but I haven't fully sorted out my payment verification. Will the payment be held for as long as it takes for me to get it sorted out? It could take some time, as I have to fill out a form for people who live outside the US. This may have to be printed out and mailed. I don't have a problem with waiting, I just want to make sure the money will be still there.

Robert

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Robert,

The balance can remain on your Upwork account for up to 180 days, after that, it'll be automatically withdrawn to your primary payment method. As for the form, I believe you're referring to the W-8BEN Form. Feel free to check this help article for the steps you have to follow to submit your information.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LuiggiR

Hi Robert,

The balance can remain on your Upwork account for up to 180 days, after that, it'll be automatically withdrawn to your primary payment method. As for the form, I believe you're referring to the W-8BEN Form. Feel free to check this help article for the steps you have to follow to submit your information.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi, thank you for your reply, I'll do that. Robert

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members