🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment
Page options
5751afeb
Community Member

Payment

Hello! I want to ask what to do if client asked to do work, but did not put to the contract last three milestones and now does not answer and does not pay for done work?

4 REPLIES 4
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

If there are no active milestones for the work he is asking you to do, you do not WORK that is it! 

Not only does it put you at risk of not receiving the payment, but you will also be in violation of Upwork ToS for providing free work! 

Only clients are specifically not allowed to ask for free work, freelancers are not punished for doing so by upwork, their only risk is not getting paid. 

Ashraf K wrote:

you will also be in violation of Upwork ToS for providing free work! 

Nonsense.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Neringa, 

I checked your account, and I only see two funded milestones for your active contract. Please note that only the money that's held in escrow is secure. Upwork can't help you collect any funds that have been promised but not deposited to escrow. Therefore, it's crucial that the amount held in escrow is appropriate for the work you will perform for that milestone. 

In this case, it would be best to communicate with your client and urge them to fund the remaining milestones. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members