🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Paypal doesn't work
Page options
e15ce07a
Community Member

Paypal doesn't work

Hi 

I'm using upwork from Germany and I can't connect may Paypal account with upwork. It says "The beneficiary name is mismatched." which is not true because they are identical.

I don't know what to do now. I don't want to connect my bank account with upwork because that's way more difficult than via Paypal... I already have earned something and wanna get paid.

... which leads me to the next question: As upwork is super inconvenient for me (or people outside the US in general) I am not keen to use it again in the future. Since my first job was under the limit of 100$ - how do I ever receive that money when this job remains to only one?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Anna,

Please allow up to 3 days for the verification on your payment method to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there,

it works now. But: Why is my balance 0,00$ ? My client already has trensferred money to upwork but I can't see that. Why? Do I have to do something??

Thanks

Hi Anna,

The funds are currently in the 'Pending' tab of your Reports page. This represents the standard security hold period in which funds cannot be withdrawn. Remember that hourly payments are in the security period from the time the client review ends on Friday to when the funds are released on Wednesday. You can check this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I think the client reviewed the job already the week before last week. Is there any other reason why I still can't see any balance?

Hi Anna,

When working hourly contracts, all time logged in the Work Diary by the freelancer is automatically invoiced to the client using the schedule below.

• Week 1 – Freelancer logs time using the Upwork desktop app and Work Diary.
  • Week 2 – Hours within the weekly limit invoice to your clients on Monday. They have until Friday to review the work. Then the review period ends.
  • Week 3 – Earnings become available on the following Wednesday.

I suggest that you check this article for more information on the Weekly Billing Cycle and let us know if you have further questions!

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi there!

It works now - money is available. But since this was my first job through upwork and I find it super inconvenient to work with: Is thery any way I can get the money even if the balance is under 100$? I rather don't wanna use it again so I wonder if there are exceptions ...

Thanks

Hi Anna,

You can withdraw your funds at any time even when they are less than $100 simply by clicking on the Get Paid button. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Great - thanks a lot!!!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members