🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Personal website in Proposal
Page options
20f9e966
Community Member

Personal website in Proposal

I shared my personal website since a client asked for a job application.

But when he scheduled a call on the Upwork chatbox, he used my personal email for him to schedule on his calendar.

Is this allowed? or not? I am not sure how I can manage this case. The client got my personal email through my personal website. Should I remove all contact info on my personal website?

And also wondering if the client schedules a meeting using his calendar or something, not upwork-zoom, I am allowed to accept, or just have to ask for an upwork Zoom meeting?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Milos,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Sharing contact info prior to a contract starting is against ToS. Kindly remove the contact info on your website if you're sharing the link with your clients when applying for jobs and avoid communicating outside Upwork during the interview phase. You may utilize the in-app Zoom meeting feature for your interviews instead.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
759e32fa

Hi Milos,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Sharing contact info prior to a contract starting is against ToS. Kindly remove the contact info on your website if you're sharing the link with your clients when applying for jobs and avoid communicating outside Upwork during the interview phase. You may utilize the in-app Zoom meeting feature for your interviews instead.

~ AJ
Upwork
20f9e966
Community Member

Thank you for your reply, I am removing my contact info on my personal site and will do my best to keep the Upwork zoom meeting.

20f9e966
Community Member

Removed all contact information and disabled the contact mail feature.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members