🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Phone Icon- Upwork messages
Page options
marshall-debbie
Community Member

Phone Icon- Upwork messages

I'm wondering how the phone Icon works when I am messaging with a potential new client? 

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Debbie,

Upwork Messages contract rooms have built-in video and voice call services with screen sharing capability. By choosing the phone button at the top right of your contract room, you can start a call directly from Upwork. You can learn more about video and voice calls here

~ Joanne
Upwork
marshall-debbie
Community Member

I used the UpWork phone icon today for an interview and it worked great. I had reviewed this topic here and was a little worried it was not going to work well due to some of the feedback I was reading. My potential client was trying to reach out directly (they were new to UpWork and had no idea we were not able to use direct contact before we sign a contract) so I initiated the process. I hadn't used it yet either, I'm new here and it  was suprisingly very easy and all sounded great. Thanks UpWork for providing a great platfrom and slick technology for our use as we explore new contracts. Happy Friday ! 

5010cbb2
Community Member

I have been searching for the Zoom button/link and reached out to support. I accidentally found it and then searched the Upwork community to find out what it was. I assumed it was a call. I have a new client who requested a Zoom meeting and I was afraid that it might be a taboo thing to do. Thrilled to see that it is possible with the responses I have seen in the community platform so I will be trying it out later. Fingers crossed!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members