🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Please explain.
Page options
mistaabiodun
Community Member

Please explain.

Hello, can someone explain how I can apply for over 200 jobs wasting money (connects), yet not even a single reply. Is this is a simulation, because I don't understand the odds of not getting even one reply after applying so much. I'm tired of this space, I wish I can get a job in my country instead of wasting my hard earned money that I don't even have on upwork connects.
9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Abiodun O wrote:
Hello, can someone explain how I can apply for over 200 jobs wasting money (connects), yet not even a single reply. 

It means what you are offering and how you are selling that is nit appealing to clients. Your contract history with those $5 jobs is not helping. Your profile is not helping either. There is barely any portfolio, your overview is very basic, no education, no employment history.... It looks like you just couldn't be bothered or that you don't have anything to add .

Basically your profile isn't selling you and until it does sell you, there is no point spending any more money on connects because the way your profile looks right now, you likely won't be hired often, if at all.

Lol, please don't get me started, how do you suggest I have something to
add if I'm entry level? What should I add? Or you never started from
scratch in your life?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**. If I
can accept a $5 job, if means I'm desperate **Edited for Community Guidelines** 

I've tried everything, from putting my personal projects, to removing,
changing my display pictures, editing my profile countless times to to
avail. If I complaining, its because I've tried and tried and nothing
works. Thank you.

Abiodun O wrote:
 If I complaining, its because I've tried and tried and nothing
works. 

Then perhaps, maybe, you should try taking some advice from an experienced pro that has been successful on Upwork?

Just a thought, like. 

Hmm, okay. Would you mentor me, I'm willing to learn and give it all it
takes.

Abiodun O wrote:
Hmm, okay. Would you mentor me, I'm willing to learn and give it all it
takes.

Petra has already given you a lot of good advice above. That was what I was referring to. 

OKAY THEN. THANKS

b47e0e82
Community Member

My  friend , I have the same  trouble.  After recieving a few proposals at the start of the month, I literally dissapeared from the platform. I have already aplied for 50+ proposals. I am top  rated and have good reputation. I got always 1 reply of 5 submitted, but now the whole silence. Unfortunately, in my country I have no any other chance to get a job in this sphere , so I have to work there ASMAP. Furhteremore, I want to work, but, obviously, the platform doesnt give me this chance. I have already talked with support , but they denied everything. Honestly, I cant be sure for 100%, but  I suspect that, I am shadow-banned. It looks like , " chill dude, you worked enough, go to rest..." I dont know what to do.

Excuse me, I have, recently, recieved the reply from the client. Actually , all my speach above doesnt mean anything.

I feel your pain, if I say I know what to say then I'm lying, I believe one day it will get better, maybe on upwork or anywhere else.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members