🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Please guide me
Page options
mohsin013
Community Member

Please guide me

Dear Member,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to inform you of a recent development in our collaboration. A client approached me seeking a pitch deck, and after a comprehensive meeting, we mutually agreed to commence the project by addressing the financials. I subsequently provided the client with a project scope, explicitly stating my commitment to preparing the financial model only.

After our meeting, I communicated to the client that none of the information provided before the meeting was related to finance. Despite this, the client agreed to proceed with my suggested approach. Approximately 10 hours after accepting the offer, the client expressed a desire to cancel the project, citing concerns about their ability to complete the pitch deck. I agreed to the cancellation, provided the client paid 50% of the agreed-upon fee. However, the client later reversed their decision and opted to continue with the project.

I diligently worked on forecasting the financials, considering the client's urgent timeline of two days due to an emergency. After submitting the work, I awaited feedback for four hours, as per the client's request. When the client finally responded, he indicated satisfaction and expressed a willingness to meet the following day for further discussion.

To my surprise, upon waking up, the client requested a refund with baseless claims, stating that I did not address pitch deck-related questions. I clarified that our initial agreement prioritized completing the financials first. Despite presenting evidence to support my position, the client initiated a dispute and has not responded to my communications for the past three days in dispute center. 

My primary concerns are as follows:

1. Will I be eligible to get the funds  if the client does not respond within the next five days?
  2. Is the mediator overseeing the dispute empowered to make a final decision and facilitate fund transfer?
  3. What potential consequences might this dispute have on my profile?

I appreciate your guidance and assistance in navigating this situation.

Best regards,

Fahad 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Muhammad,

The client will still have the option to leave feedback on your job. Your public feedback will not be visible on your Upwork profile if a full refund is issued on the job but your private feedback will be still included in your JSS calculation. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LuiggiR

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and how it has inconvenienced you. You can rest assured that the Mediator will continue assisting you through this process. Responding to your questions:

1. Yes, funds in escrow are released to the responding party if the other fails to respond within five days of being notified. If neither party responds, the funds in escrow are returned to the client.
  2. No, the Mediator's job is to facilitate the discussion and help parties reach a mutual agreement. The Mediator is not empowered to decide who'll get the funds.
  3. The dispute itself has no impact on your profile. However, the disagreement between you and your client may result in your client leaving poor feedback on your contract, which does impact your JSS.

Please visit this article to learn more about the Mediation process. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
mohsin013
Community Member

Hi Luuiggi, He ended the contract and asked for refund. So I think there will be no feedback. Am I right?

Hi Muhammad,

The client will still have the option to leave feedback on your job. Your public feedback will not be visible on your Upwork profile if a full refund is issued on the job but your private feedback will be still included in your JSS calculation. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

I am not scared of feedback since there are 90 5 star feedback. What scares me what he will lie about my work and I cannot do anything and Its not about refund or money its about my hardwork and standing up for the right which I always did in life. Even it was one penny I would have never refunded. Anyways, thanks for the comment. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members