🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Plz remove my response to the client's feedba...
Page options
saki_glt
Community Member

Plz remove my response to the client's feedback

Dear Gurus,
     Mistake hurts, but a blunder kills.  The last job, I did was pathetic as it was higly technicaI. So, I got  a below avergae feeback. Client responded as Bad English.

The worse part was my response to the client's feedback where I did a blunder! And I know, it can't be changed.

Now, I am not getting responses against my proposals due to that. I want to remove my response to the client's feedback. ( Not my feedback to the client )

Is there any way to do it? 

If not, what should I do instead?

I'd be grateful, if you help!

Best Regards

4 REPLIES 4
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Your response wasn't that horrible, but since it's written in incorrect English, it looks like the client's review was justified. You should change your English level to the one below "native or billingual" so that clients don't have unrealistic expectations about your work.

You can ask the client to enable you to change the feedback.

Christine A wrote: You can ask the client to enable you to change the feedback.

Nope, that doesn't allow him to change his response to the client's feedback, only his feedback to the client.

Christine A wrote:

You should change your English level to the one below "native or billingual" so that clients don't have unrealistic expectations about your work.

Even that would be optimistic.

Saqib, you can contact Upwork Support and ask them to remove your response. Reponding to poor feedback is almost always a bad idea. This proves that point again...

Christine A wrote:

Your response wasn't that horrible, but since it's written in incorrect English, it looks like the client's review was justified. You should change your English level to the one below "native or billingual" so that clients don't have unrealistic expectations about your work.

You can ask the client to enable you to change the feedback.

Agree, another option would be to refund the $5. The JSS can't get much worse.

bevcam
Community Member

I would recommend that you just leave it and move on. Take the lesson. It's done!

Your English is definitely not at "native" level, so as @Christine says, change that. It looks as if you respond to all feedback which isn't necessary and can result in things like this, so break the habit.

I do, however, respond to clients who leave unreasonable feedback because they can damage my reputation and if my response is fair I'm just standing by the quality of my work. But never add wimpish things like "is that fair?" 

Anyway, what's done is done. You have other good reviews and there is a market for lower quality content writing, particularly when people are more focused on keywords than information. At $5 people can't expect perfect content and changing from "native or bilingual," you'll automatically lower expectations and attract clients who aren't looking for perfect English.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members