🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Prevent Freelancers from spending Connects on...
Page options
diogogrs
Community Member

Prevent Freelancers from spending Connects on "scam" jobs

Hello,

What can Upwork do to prevent Freelancers from spending Connects on "scam" jobs posts like "Send me a message on Telegram" ?

I am on Upwork since it was oDesk, so I have many years on this platform and I know how it works, unfortunately in last months/year I saw lots of job posts without any info or just with "Send me your proposal" usually I report them or just ignore, and I do not apply on these offers but with the time you see even more each day... 

"Now" you need to use Connects to apply, which I can understand, but I do not agree with it, once you might not get hired and you spend your precious Connects..

So my question - Upwork is doing something to prevent or ban this kind of scam freelancers and protect us?

I really love the platform and how it works, how you can work from anywhere and be free.

All user experiences and opinions are welcome. 

3 REPLIES 3
850effe7
Community Member

Client perspective here. Same applies to freelancers as well. Fake identity verifications, freelancers leaking copyrighted material, freelancers hired who will never do the job, freelancers trying to cash in with hourly work during the first week without actually completing the job, people faking they have done the job on fixed rate and trying to start disputes without delivering any work. I am growing tired of this platform.

If it's that bad dealing with freelancers, who are subject to identity verification and wear their "success scores" in bold on their profiles, imagine how much worse it is with clients, who can simply pop in and post a job without providing a single bit of accurate information. 

I post very specific work and when confidential I attach a very specific document. You cannot ask the client to leak information beforehand. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members