cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with client | requesting refund | upwork reputation | any advice appreciated

Highlighted
Hugo C Member Since: Oct 12, 2020
11 of 15

Petra R wrote:

Fixed rate or hourly?

What Preston "forgot" to tell you is that the client can still leave private feedback even if you fully refund, and that private feedback is what affects the JSS. 

fixed rate Petra.

thank you

PS: preston didnt forgot at all. since i didnt even mention about it in OP. i only mention about the feedback rating and comment. but thank you for warning to me about it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 15

Hugo C wrote:

fixed rate Petra.

thank you

In that case the client has already ended the contract and left feedback, so the damage to the JSS is done anyway.

Hugo C wrote:

Also I dont care about my JSS to be honest. The reason is that it will never be 100% so its fine to me. .

You want to start caring about it because Upwork today is nothing like the Upwork you left behind in 2013.  Best bet now is to get as many contracts in the next 2 weeks as you can to dilute the damage, and also to push the poor outcome down the page. I would not refund just like that either though!.

Highlighted
13 of 15

Petra R wrote:

Hugo C wrote:

fixed rate Petra.

thank you

In that case the client has already ended the contract and left feedback, so the damage to the JSS is done anyway.

Hugo C wrote:

Also I dont care about my JSS to be honest. The reason is that it will never be 100% so its fine to me. .

You want to start caring about it because Upwork today is nothing like the Upwork you left behind in 2013.  Best bet now is to get as many contracts in the next 2 weeks as you can to dilute the damage, and also to push the poor outcome down the page. I would not refund just like that either though!.

If I dont accept the refund from client , upwork review my problem and I get my money , the client will be able to leave a negative review that show in my page is that correct? or if I win the dispute he wont be able to leave negative?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 15

Hugo C wrote:

If I dont accept the refund from client , upwork review my problem and I get my money , the client will be able to leave a negative review that show in my page is that correct? or if I win the dispute he wont be able to leave negative?

Feedback has already been left when the client closed the contract. That ship has sailed. The question now is whether it will show on your profile or not.

Also, Upwork dont decide the outcome of the dispute, they only mediate. If that mediation fails, the next step would be arbitration (at $ 291 each if it actually goes ahead, but if the client chickens out at that point, you get the escrow funds and the arbitration money back). I understand your relanctance to have poor feedback show, but tha's a lot of money...

Highlighted
15 of 15

Petra R wrote:

Hugo C wrote:

Feedback has already been left when the client closed the contract. That ship has sailed. The question now is whether it will show on your profile or not.

Also, Upwork dont decide the outcome of the dispute, they only mediate. If that mediation fails, the next step would be arbitration (at $ 291 each if it actually goes ahead, but if the client chickens out at that point, you get the escrow funds and the arbitration money back). I understand your relanctance to have poor feedback show, but tha's a lot of money...

thank you petra i truly apprecaite your help.

can i still talk to client and try to fix this or the negative feedback (no matter what) will be shown in my profile?

yea i know its a lot of money but i am here in Upwork with the goal to provide a good service to everyone. and this negative feedback will impact and delay my ability to get new jobs for sure.

i care about my long term goals more than these $500 and 30+ hours.

thank you for the explanation in the "mediation" thing. this client is very suspicious (his behavior is questionable ) actualy but i wont speculate on that cause thats not my job...

anyway thank you for your help have a great day

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS