🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Profile View
Page options
795f47ad
Community Member

Profile View

Despite updating my portfolio regularly, sending out proposals, and enabling the "Available" status, I have noticed a significant decrease in the number of views on my profile.

I am puzzled as to why this might be happening and would greatly appreciate any insights or tips from fellow freelancers or Upwork Community Moderators/Community Contributors on how to improve my profile visibility on Upwork. I have been working hard to build my reputation on the platform and provide quality services to my clients, and it is disheartening to see my efforts not yield the desired results. I would be grateful for any suggestions or feedback on how to enhance my profile's visibility and attract more clients. 

2 REPLIES 2
759e32fa

Hi Yasin,

Various factors go into search results, and results may differ over time, partly to allow more freelancers a chance to be discovered. Some considerations may include Freelancer skills, experience, platform ratings, and other elements geared toward determining a potential match for the client’s job.

Our search is based on several factors that continue to evolve. We cannot disclose exactly what makes up the rules for a search order, and those rules are likely to change, so any specific advice we could give you would be short-lived. Search is no longer mainly static, meaning it always stays the same. Depending on marketplace activity across jobs and contractors, a contractor's search position will likely ebb and flow.

Some sound principles to remember for ranking well in search are as follows:
  • Do good work for clients and establish good long-term relationships on Upwork.
  • Only apply to jobs to which you are qualified.
  • Be accurate in showcasing your abilities & skills on your contractor profile.

~ AJ
Upwork
8467c28e
Community Member

Yasin,

I would suggest taking a closer look at your profile and making sure that it is optimized to attract potential clients. This includes having a clear and concise profile summary, showcasing your skills and expertise, and having a professional profile picture. You may also want to consider including work samples and client testimonials to further demonstrate your capabilities. In addition to optimizing your profile, actively applying for jobs and sending out proposals can also help increase your visibility on the platform. Make sure to carefully read job descriptions and tailor your proposals to each client's specific needs.

Another important factor to consider is your availability status. While it's great to be available for work, it's also important to make sure that your status accurately reflects your actual availability. If you are consistently unable to take on new projects, it may be worth adjusting your availability status accordingly. Improving your profile visibility on Upwork takes time and effort, but with persistence and dedication, you can achieve success on the platform. I hope these tips are helpful, and I wish you the best of luck in your freelancing journey.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members