🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Profile Views
Page options
86c631fc
Community Member

Profile Views

Hi, there. I want to know how to get profile reviews. I remain online all day and browse for jobs by applying, but I am still unable to get the job. Are the job-related profile reviews relevant?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Mirchu,

Getting jobs on Upwork over the past 3-months to 1-year has been a challenge. Many freelancers have noticed a decrease in profile views, job hires, and invitations. There is no fail-safe way to get more profile views and I can imagine it is tough for one of your main skill areas (i.e., comic writing) and your other skill areas (i.e., article/blog writer, SEO, ghostwriting) are quite saturated with freelancers.

Profile views by clients can be relevant, but you never know why you are not hired. It could be:

• Your proposal is buried beneath a pile of 50+ proposals from other freelancers with similar/identical skills
  • Client reviewed your cover letter/proposal but did not think you were a good fit
  • Client reviewed your Profile but did not think you were a good fit

Keep trying; you will eventually get some jobs.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
raju42
Community Member

Try to improve your skill. Write engage cover letter. Keep bidding. Clients come to your profile. You will get profile views. 

celgins
Community Member

Mirchu,

Getting jobs on Upwork over the past 3-months to 1-year has been a challenge. Many freelancers have noticed a decrease in profile views, job hires, and invitations. There is no fail-safe way to get more profile views and I can imagine it is tough for one of your main skill areas (i.e., comic writing) and your other skill areas (i.e., article/blog writer, SEO, ghostwriting) are quite saturated with freelancers.

Profile views by clients can be relevant, but you never know why you are not hired. It could be:

• Your proposal is buried beneath a pile of 50+ proposals from other freelancers with similar/identical skills
  • Client reviewed your cover letter/proposal but did not think you were a good fit
  • Client reviewed your Profile but did not think you were a good fit

Keep trying; you will eventually get some jobs.

86c631fc
Community Member

Thanks for your help.

the-right-writer
Community Member

Staying online all day isn't likely to get any jobs, as you have discovered. In your category, there are probably not that many jobs. It doesn't mean you can't find work, but it will be highly specialized. Landing that first job is always difficult.

Humor, as you know, receives a different response from each person. I would change your introduction to talk more about what you can accomplish rather than an opening joke. Add more to your portfolio, too.

Yes, knowing if the client viewed your proposals is important information. Especially if you are applying selectively, you will have a good idea who viewed the proposal. Try changing the proposals, and be prepared to send a lot of them.

Thank you for your suggestion.

sajal36
Community Member

My advise to establish credibility on the platform:

1. Be Early to submit customized proposal 

2. Best proposal by dispalying understanding of the problem and most optimal solution

3. Lowest bidder (Keep cost feasible to what you think you can cover your expenses). People do discounts to enter competitive market.

4. Put relevants videos of your work in portoflio

5. Repeat 1,2,3,4 till success is achieved

c1957ae2
Community Member

Thanks for the advice

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members