🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Proposal accepted, job closed then proposed d...
Page options
ayadstar88
Community Member

Proposal accepted, job closed then proposed declined! I don’t understand

Hi,
I’m new to upwork, and just sent a proposal to a client. The client sent me a message that they’re interested to do an interview and training via whatsapp.
an hour later, I get a notification from upwork that the job has been closed.
I woke up this morning to find out that my proposal was declined.
Then the client contacts me on whatsapp for the interview.
would you please explain to me what’s going on?
Thank you
I really appreciate it.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Ahmed:

What is going on here is simple:

There is no job. There is no opportunity to earn money.

Upwork has already removed this job from their platform because they investigated and found that this wasn't a real client, but was a scammer. Or the scammer removed the job himself.

The scammer still wants to steal money or identity information or free work from you, so he contacted you via whatsapp.

Just block him in whatsapp.

Upwork has strict rules against exchanging funds with any client you met on Upwork. Payments may only go through Upwork. So even if the scammer wanted to "really hire you" (which he doesn't), you would not be able to work for him, because the only allowable way for him to hire you is through an Upwork job posting. Which is something he doesn't have.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Ahmed:

What is going on here is simple:

There is no job. There is no opportunity to earn money.

Upwork has already removed this job from their platform because they investigated and found that this wasn't a real client, but was a scammer. Or the scammer removed the job himself.

The scammer still wants to steal money or identity information or free work from you, so he contacted you via whatsapp.

Just block him in whatsapp.

Upwork has strict rules against exchanging funds with any client you met on Upwork. Payments may only go through Upwork. So even if the scammer wanted to "really hire you" (which he doesn't), you would not be able to work for him, because the only allowable way for him to hire you is through an Upwork job posting. Which is something he doesn't have.

robin_hyman
Community Member

Ahmed,

Rookie mistake.  I never give my phone number/whatsapp info out.  I have given Skype credentials or email address AFTER a quick conversation on Upwork and search on the net to make sure the client is legit.  Your proposal was declined because the client was suspended.  If the client was suspended, you don't want to work with him/her anyway.  You should receive your connects back.  Block them.  

Got it. Thank you

c9c7aaf7
Community Member

thanks too here

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members