🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Proposal sent to the wrong job posting
Page options
f55ee98e
Community Member

Proposal sent to the wrong job posting

I'm having an issue with a proposal that I sent in response to a job posting.  I sent the proposal and cover letter on 9/9/2023, however it was received by someone else on 9/10/23.  That person responded to me, but the cover letter and does not correspond with their posting, even the title of the job is different.  The job I applied to was to give feedback for a new website, however the job it was sent to is to test an app.  I tried searching for the original posting and it is no where to be found and doesnt show when I click "view post" from the message that I received from the person who received the proposal by mistake.  This was also a boosted proposal so if there is a glitch and this was sent to the wrong person, I just lost 10 bids.  Can someone please reach out to me to assist?  Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
yofazza
Community Member

It happened to me once because I often open more than one job post at a time (and I applied to the wrong tab). There's no way to get the connects back in this case.

But clients can actually change their job posts. Scammers do that sometimes. Since you're new, and there are (probably) more scams than real jobs here, if it's a scam, you might get your connects back. Just flag the job post. Both 'website review' and 'test app' don't really sound like real jobs to me.

yofazza
Community Member

Even bigger services such as AWS are redirecting support questions to community forum (although they say it outloud unlike Upwork). More efficient, cost-wise. So your AI-pasted comment is silly like you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members