🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Proposal
Page options
ebb9f1d9
Community Member

Proposal

Hi, there!

I joined Upwork two months ago and have earned $600 till now. Here, I want to ask that I submit six proposals on a daily basis and give 10 hours regularly, yet I'm not getting a new job, and I want a client who prioritises quality work and awards according to quality.

Today I'm very disappointed, as I'm still applying but getting no job.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
w62n
Community Member

Over the last year or so I've noticed a steady decline in the quality (and possibly the validity) of Upwork job posts.
Right now, I have to wonder how many of the current posts are actual jobs rather than either "tire-kickers" or worse, fake jobs posted BY upwork to keep the platform looking appealing.

I have been a satisfied Upwork freelancer for several years, am "top rated," have 100% jss score, and have been a designer for more than 25 years. Lately, I don't even get a response from proposals. Last week, I must have sent close to 20 proposals,  all of which is was VERY qualified for, and haven't had a response to a singe one of them.

I'm not sure if it's directly-related, but once the "boost proposal" thing (which is COMPLETELY UNETHICAL) came into being, that's about the time the Upwork experience started heading into the crapper.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
w62n
Community Member

Over the last year or so I've noticed a steady decline in the quality (and possibly the validity) of Upwork job posts.
Right now, I have to wonder how many of the current posts are actual jobs rather than either "tire-kickers" or worse, fake jobs posted BY upwork to keep the platform looking appealing.

I have been a satisfied Upwork freelancer for several years, am "top rated," have 100% jss score, and have been a designer for more than 25 years. Lately, I don't even get a response from proposals. Last week, I must have sent close to 20 proposals,  all of which is was VERY qualified for, and haven't had a response to a singe one of them.

I'm not sure if it's directly-related, but once the "boost proposal" thing (which is COMPLETELY UNETHICAL) came into being, that's about the time the Upwork experience started heading into the crapper.

Community Member

Last week, I must have sent close to 20 proposals,  all of which is was VERY qualified for, and haven't had a response to a singe one of them.

I think this is category-specific, due to the variable supply-demand across the platform. Even with a JSS in the low 80's, I'm getting interviewed and hired at a similar rate to others in Engineering & Architecture for CAD design and engineering jobs. Not as much as I would like, but still 2-4 new clients per month. Translation apparently has excellent conversion rates.

251629dc
Community Member

HI there, 

its the same for me Asita K. I have applied for about 20 jobs now and I am not getting a single response. Can I ask if this got better for you sincc then?

I even had to buy these connects to even apply for jobs at one point.

e5cf79eb
Community Member

Hey Asifa ! Great work dear but don't be disappointed. I might not have much experience but I have a small advice I learned somewhere is that do not apply for 20 jobs per day take your time on proposals and by reading jobs and also be patient because freelancing is a tough job use tricks and learn tricks apply at the right job follow your instincts because there are several scams. I hope this might help. I pray that you get more and more job in future . Have a nice journey!

Thanks for your opinion I will keep it in my mind.

63f80d60
Community Member

Still now I am not get job it's so boring 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members