🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Propose new contract
Page options
76ba640f
Community Member

Propose new contract

Hello Upwork Team,

I trust this message finds you well. I am presently engaged in an hourly contract and considering using the propose new contract feature to modify our existing agreement.

Could you clarify if using this feature terminates the current contract or if it's intended for changes within our ongoing collaboration?

A prompt response would be greatly appreciated, Thank you!

Best,
Hussnain A.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hussnain, 

Are you looking to propose a new contract to your client with whom you have an ongoing contract? If so, proposing a new contract will not end the existing contract. However, I would suggest discussing the terms with your client first so both of you agree on the new contract terms.

Alternatively, if you and you're client are looking to increase the hourly rate of the contract or the  number of hours on the contract, your client can check the following steps in these Upwork Help articles: 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ArjayM

Hi Hussnain,

Yes! Either you or the client can end a contract to have the option to propose a new contract. If you would like to pursue another contract with an existing client, you can create and send a new contract with new terms directly for their review. Once you send the proposal, clients can respond with a final offer.

You may want to check this help article to learn more about how proposing a new contract works. Let us know if you need further assistance.

ETA: Hi Hussnain, I've updated my post above to reflect accurate information. A contract doesn't have to be ended for a freelancer to propose a new contract. Sorry for the confusion!

~ Arjay
Upwork
76ba640f
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thank you for your response. It seems like this would initiate a new contract, right?
I just want to confirm if there's a possibility to maintain my existing contract with some revised terms?

Looking forward to your response, Thank You!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hussnain, 

Are you looking to propose a new contract to your client with whom you have an ongoing contract? If so, proposing a new contract will not end the existing contract. However, I would suggest discussing the terms with your client first so both of you agree on the new contract terms.

Alternatively, if you and you're client are looking to increase the hourly rate of the contract or the  number of hours on the contract, your client can check the following steps in these Upwork Help articles: 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members