🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Proposed budgets too low
Page options
mariagracia307
Community Member

Proposed budgets too low

Haven’t you feel recently that all the projects are being posted have a ridiculous budget?

I mean I’ve been reviewing my invitations for interviews and there are projects that require at least 40 hours of work and they are will to pay like 80$/100$. What’s going on with the platform?

Even though is cheaper than design firms and stuff, Is not a slave market!!!
2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Mariagracia R wrote:

I mean I’ve been reviewing my invitations for interviews and there are projects that require at least 40 hours of work and they are will to pay like 80$/100$. What’s going on with the platform?

I completely ignore the budget. 

When I am invited, I simply bid what makes it worth my while to accept the job should it be offered.

Recent example: Budget: $ 200

After negotiations: $ 1900

Yes, exactly the same job and scope.

budget.png

offer.png

robin_hyman
Community Member

Mariagracia R wrote:
Haven’t you feel recently that all the projects are being posted have a ridiculous budget?

Even though is cheaper than design firms and stuff, Is not a slave market!!!

Some clients put in an arbitrary budget.  Others don't know how to write a job post and put their hourly budget as the fixed budget.  And yes, there are clients who are low-balling.  

One way to see the client's tolerance for a higher budget is by reviewing previous projects.  If they typically pay $5 per project or $5 per hour, they are looking for freelancers willing to take a low amount.  

Similar to Petra, I recently applied to a job with a total budget of $200 and the description requested 15 pages of landing page content.  In my proposal I indicated my price is $200 PER PAGE.  Now I have an ongoing contract for $200 per page.  

If the project is right for you, apply with your price.  You may be surprised.  Good luck!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members