Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality of job posts have dramatically decreased

Highlighted
Community Leader
Mateo R. S Member Since: Dec 13, 2018
1 of 69

I have found a lot of scammers, a lot of people with UNREALISTIC budgets, like make a pixar animation for 10USD, or people who are just scouting for prices, but have no intentions of actually hiring a freelancer.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Jenny G Member Since: May 16, 2019
2 of 69

Noticing the same. Like people who want an entire animated banner ad suite of 10 different sizes for $100. How are we supposed to make a living off that?

Highlighted
Community Leader
3 of 69

Yeah! totally, i mean i know the international freelancer market is supposed to be cheap, but... clients are crazy! i came across recently a job proposal... budget: 10USD task: create a bunch of 3D CGI videos of a human body excersicing, with wrinckles on the clothing and all, and ended up by saying: You´ll be asked to do 2 sample videos, if we dont like it we wont pay, and we´ll ask for a full refund (YES! OF THE MAJESTIC 10USD!).. so... this sucks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rafsun S Member Since: Feb 10, 2018
4 of 69

Agreed! But the most disappointing issues are that many freelancers also applied for those kinds of job. A few days ago, I have found a job post where the client was looking for 20 videos at $20! And 20 to 50 freelancers submitted the proposal for that job within 45 minutes! And I often notice these kinds of activities. Quality of both sides-clients and Freelancers has dramatically decreased since a couple of months. 

Highlighted
Community Leader
5 of 69

Yes. That´s another topic, i have seen people over facebook trying to buy good Upwork reviews, or buying fully functioning accounts with good rep... this is getting out of control.... 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
6 of 69

I can't even wrap my mind around how that would even work. This is nuts.

Highlighted
Community Leader
7 of 69

It IS happening i have filed a lot of complaints to Support team about this, haven´t heard anything from them.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
8 of 69

I'm seeing that too!! Like freelancers charging $5.00 an hour. When the job should pay at least $45 an hour. What the heck is going on with designers charging so little? It's bringing the whole community down. I can just got get a job in the mall for more than that.

But I didn't invest in 1000's of dollars worth of training and software, not spent my 12 + years as a full-time professional in-house designer to get paid $5.00 bucks an hour!! This is ridiculous!

Designers need to stop offering such low bids. It's not fair.

Highlighted
Community Leader
9 of 69

**Edited for Community Guidelines** they are taking over Upwork and pretty much the entire freelance market, they come in waves, many of them are crazy talented, many of them are not, but they all want to do every job for like 50 bucks... it´s crazy!. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
10 of 69

You are exactly right. Your comment is not offensive at all. If people from other countries can live on such a low hourly rate. It's not fair for them to compete in a country where the cost of living is getting higher by the week. Of course employers will go for the cheapest.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS