🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Question????
Page options
emh515
Community Member

Question????

As a freelancer, I am wondering how do we go about figuring out what to send in to the IRS and did anyone working on the Upwork platform ever receive a form 1099-K?  If so did you receive it from Upwork via slow mail and if not what did you use to help you file your taxes in 2021?  I am trying to get ahead of needing information when January 2023 rolls around and we have to start filing our 2022 taxes.  Thank you in advance.

Edna

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lysis10
Community Member

Yes I got one thankfully for 2021 cuz I needed it for my loan application. It comes in the mail some time in early Feb IIRC but if you don't get one it's fine cuz you just need to report what you charged minus the Upwork fees of course. I use Turbo Tax and they save the old info so I only need to plug in numbers for each client (Upwork is 1 client, so not all clients on Upwork).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lysis10
Community Member

Yes I got one thankfully for 2021 cuz I needed it for my loan application. It comes in the mail some time in early Feb IIRC but if you don't get one it's fine cuz you just need to report what you charged minus the Upwork fees of course. I use Turbo Tax and they save the old info so I only need to plug in numbers for each client (Upwork is 1 client, so not all clients on Upwork).

emh515
Community Member

So what if you use H&R Block?  Would it be the same thing?  I have worked on the Upwork platform since May 2014 and never received anything from them regarding taxes, meaning a 1099-K form or whatever it is called.  

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members