Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for JSS decrease

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
311 of 705

Sofi I wrote:

Hello, is anyone available for this issue? 

You need to let it go. You decided to drop the contract. Clients are allowed to share a client account, that is not an issue. Clients should not be rude to you, but this is something you need to manage like any other business has to manage unreasonable clients. Clients cant force you to do out of scope work, but again this is your job to manage (or dispute if need be).

The feedback will not be interfered with and your JSS is what it is now. Actions have consequences.

Repeated tickets or posts will not change the facts. You need to move on.

illustrator4you
Sofi I Member Since: Dec 10, 2020
312 of 705

Dear, Petra. It's very difficult to let it go, if you see unfair issues. I was really good freelancer, with absolutely amazing experience on this platform, I was absolutely sure, if any problems - everything could be fixed fairly. But, now I see, clients are always right, even they're wrong. 
Thank you so much for your time and clarification. 

illustrator4you
313 of 705

So, in the end of the story what I've got... 

Nothing has been done with the rude client , no one asked them why from one account was two people, who asked different job( additional tasks).

The client can use my unique font, can use my design and illustrations without any fee and punishment.

I lost 4 days for nothing, my JJS was down, no one helped me.

Thank you so much Upwork, it was pleasant to work with you. 

jr-translation
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
314 of 705

Sofi I wrote:

So, in the end of the story what I've got... 

Nothing has been done with the rude client , no one asked them why from one account was two people, who asked different job( additional tasks).

The client can use my unique font, can use my design and illustrations without any fee and punishment.

I lost 4 days for nothing, my JJS was down, no one helped me.

Thank you so much Upwork, it was pleasant to work with you. 

You need to learn how Upwork works. If a client asks for additional work, tell him to add a new milestone. When you finish a milestone, submit the work through the "Submit work for Payment" button. That is the official handover and after that the client can not refuse to pay unless you did something that was not the scope.
Clients can invite other people to the workroom, so interacting with several people is quite normal.

The client can not use your work because you own the copyright.

You are not working with Upwork, but if you manage your business right Upwork (as a platform) can help you to find bew leads.

Thank you for calling me "no one" it is definitely a step up from the "useless user" I was called last week.

illustrator4you
315 of 705

Hello, Jennifer.

Thank you for all clarification, now. That's what I asked for, it's very important to know everything,  step by step.

The main reason for " no one's help " - is because, no one checked my issue from the begging to the end. The client asked for money refund! He/she proposed 2 different illustrators for the same job. I done this job 3! times from the begging to the end and client asked for refund? Maybe, they tried to get free design? No one investigating. The client has no reviews, I had 100% for 12 jobs. 
My main question was is Why someone could compromise my JSS if it's not my fault ? I was hoping, someone will check my case with all episodes. 
Thank you for your time. 

jr-translation
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
316 of 705

Sofi I wrote:

Hello, Jennifer.

Thank you for all clarification, now. That's what I asked for, it's very important to know everything,  step by step.

The main reason for " no one's help " - is because, no one checked my issue from the begging to the end. The client asked for money refund! He/she proposed 2 different illustrators for the same job. I done this job 3! times from the begging to the end and client asked for refund? Maybe, they tried to get free design? No one investigating. The client has no reviews, I had 100% for 12 jobs. 
My main question was is Why someone could compromise my JSS if it's not my fault ? I was hoping, someone will check my case with all episodes. 
Thank you for your time. 

Some clients just do. Not to long ago I got 4* for quality and skills after I informed the client that the text I received included incomplete sentences and inaccuracies in the content. There is nothing you can do. Just move on and focus on your next client.
You can always look out for your designs and take action if the client should use it.

illustrator4you
317 of 705
Thank you, Jennifer for your time.
I understand everything but I think it's not fair, it makes me feel, that no reason to be good freelancer, it's doesn't work (( I'm really upset with this situation.
But, I would like to appreciate for all your clarification and support.
Thank you.
awaisahmedch
Zeeshan R Member Since: Sep 13, 2020
318 of 705

I created account around 5 months ago and a day before first time Job Success Score appear on my Stats and it showed 79, although all my reviews and rating have excellent record and projects values are also great. In fact one of the clients is hired me three times. Wasn't it supposed to be 100% JSS?

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
319 of 705

Hi Zeeshan,

Your Job Success Score is calculated on 6-, 12-, and 24- months windows, and it is updated every second week on Sunday. There are many factors that go into the JSS calculation, including both private and public feedback, however, we won't be able to share information about any specific feedback, but you can check the explanation of how JSS is calculated in this help article.

I encourage you to check this announcement with information about the recent update to the JSS calculation. We are now weighing jobs with higher earnings. If you received less than stellar feedback on one of those jobs, it may have impacted your JSS more.

There was also an update in which contracts with no feedback are no longer impacting the score. For the official announcement, you can check this Community thread.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
danijel_konatar
Danijel K Member Since: Jul 8, 2020
320 of 705

Hi Why doesn't my JSS change even if I have successfully completed two 5-star projects? I dropped from 100% to 91% .. why? When will the JSS improve? Can anyone check me out, thanks.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS