🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Refund for Dispute Seems Incorrect
Page options
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Refund for Dispute Seems Incorrect

I just got the following notice from Upwork regarding a client’s bogus demand for a refund on a prior week’s hourly billings on his project:

Upwork has reviewed this request and will be issuing a refund of Escrow $10 to the client as well as a courtesy credit for the escrow amount to the freelancer, in order to end the job and part ways. The courtesy credit will be applied to the freelancer’s account within 5 business days. Freelancer’s account must be in good standing to receive the courtesy credit. The contract and dispute are closed.

But when I look at my Reports/Overview page I see the client has been refunded those billings, which were properly tracked using TimeTracker.

And I have just received the following message:

Your dispute has been received and a team member is being assigned to complete the review. Please allow up to four (4) business days for the resolution.

I am unaware of a new dispute, as no indication was given of which of my projects this new dispute is related to.

What’s going on here Upwork?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Will,

I've followed up with the team about this situation and they'll be reaching out to you directly to address it and provide further details.

Thanks for your patience! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Will,

I've followed up with the team about this situation and they'll be reaching out to you directly to address it and provide further details.

Thanks for your patience! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Thanks, Bojan.

The incorrect charges to my account have now been reversed. 

Reversed in some parts of your system but not it others.

The wildly incorrect refund amount is apparently still "in review" and unavailable for withdrawal.

When will this be fixed?

Thanks in advance.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Will,

We've followed up with our team and our agent is awaiting your response on this ticket. Once you follow up with them our agent will be more than happy to address any of your additional concerns.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Thanks, Bojan, but when I click on the link in your message I get the error message:

The page you were looking for doesn't exist

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry for the trouble this caused, Will. 

Could you please try using this oneThis one should land you on the dispute case. Once you're there, please click on the "Freelancer Private Conversation" tab to view the most recent message.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Jovan,

This is getting absurdly ridiculous.

On Wednesday Upwork sent me a “private message” via email saying Upwork had decided to refund 0.83 hours of my 10 tracked hours for this project and the matter was considered resolved.

Just a few minutes ago, two days later, I have received a new “private message” that is exactly the same as the message I received two days ago.

Now if I click the new link you provided I am taken to a “Dispute Case for Contract ID# XXXXXX” that shows the dispute is still open!

What is going on here? I have absolutely no idea what the problem is or what I am supposed to do to get paid properly for my work for this client.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Will,

I apologize for the duplicate message. The team is working on processing the case and will keep you updated directly. I understand your frustration, however, I won't be able to discuss the details of a specific case here publicly. I encourage you to direct any questions about the dispute or the status of a transaction via the case using the link I shared or via email. I've also shared this thread with the team.

~ Bojan
Upwork
wlyonsatl
Community Member

I don't mind keeping the matter's details private, but I'm at my wit's end trying to understand what actions I need to take further to close out this matter.

Upwork has told me it has made a final decision on this matter. I'm not aware of anything further I can or need to do.

It doesn't help that the information related to a dispute is scattered across both private email messages and a separate page on upwork.support.com with no connection between the two.

So, can you at least confirm to me Upwork has actually made its final decision on this dispute and now the problems on Upwork's side are solely about correcting the contradictory and incorrect entries on my financial account?

Thanks for your help.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members