🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Refunded a client but I didn't click refund
Page options
karanfilov
Community Member

Refunded a client but I didn't click refund

First a contract was on hold then all of a sudden I get a notification that I've refunded a client but I did not click anything of such sort. Why has this happened. I've worked on the project hourly added manual hours and send over approved files to the client? Did the client reported something and asked Upwork to refund? Please if you can help me write up.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "First a contract was on hold then all of a sudden I get a notification that I've refunded a client but I did not click anything of such sort. Why has this happened. I've worked on the project hourly added manual hours and send over approved files to the client? Did the client reported something and asked Upwork to refund?"

Zharko:

It is not necessary for you to click anything.

if a client requests a refund for manuallly-logged hours, then that request is granted.

Or: If Upwork is unable to successfully bill a client's credit card or PayPal account, then the payment is removed if not protected by Upwork Payment Protection. (Manual hours are not protected.)

You do not need to dispute this or provide information to defend your hours. The matter is already over.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zharko,

Please note that if the Client fails to pay for hours logged by the freelancer, any hours that aren't covered by Upwork Hourly Protection may be reversed. 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kat303
Community Member

A client doesn't have to pay for manual hours that are added to the Tracker. They (the client) can dispute those hours and they automatically don't have to pay for them. Upwork also doesn't pay for manual hours that a freelancer enters. In the future use Tracker to automatically record the hours you spend working on your computer. 

58fc8a53
Community Member

Same happened to me . I'm losing 75 USD for that. I worked for thses hours , the client paused the contact and then suddenly it shows I refunded him but I didn't. So frustrating....

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members