🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Rejected payment
Page options
emmonsron
Community Member

Rejected payment

Upwork told me a payment to my local bank account was rejected, but when I ask the bank, they say they have no record of the transaction. Upwork already take 20% and other forms of payment are more expensive, so I'd really like to get paid through my local bank as I do by other clients worldwide.  So how can I get evidence from Upwork that they tried to transfer to my account on around 13/14 May?

36 REPLIES 36
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ronald,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Just to confirm, your withdrawal was returned to your Upwork account. I would recommend withdrawing your funds again and if you experiencing any problems let me know here. If you have any additional questions, feel free to follow here as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

You mean withdraw through my local bank again?

Hi Ronald,

I would recommend double checking your payment method and the details you`ve added before you`re withdrawing the funds again. Once you`re sure that you`ve added the correct account feel free to withdraw your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have experienced the same issue, and I have tried withdrawing the money twice and it has failed

Hi Eshaan,

I'm sorry to hear about that. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Yes thank you! I have received an email.
I have changed my bank account and using another account that I have, I'll try withdrawing in a few days.
I'll reach via email if I experience more difficulties!

I have faced the same issue. My money went down from 18 dollars to 15 . Because of the platform fee. The money is getting rejected everytime.

Hi Aruneeta,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon here to assist. Don't hesitate to coordinate with the team to resolve the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
bhuttaamna
Community Member

I have faced exactly the sams issue. 

Hi Amna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
finlaywilliams
Community Member

Upwork? Money? Oh yeah, that's theirs now. 

11e49c17
Community Member

I have tried withdrawing the money three times and it has failed. The withdrawal was returned to my Upwork account but charges per Direct to Local Bank withdrawal don't.

Hi Frida,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties applying funds to your Local Bank. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here and coordinate with the team once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9077cf48
Community Member

hello , I  I exactly have the same problem, i tried to withdrawing the money and it has failed. The withdrawal was returned to my Upwork account , i will send you a screenshot. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

0 Upvotes

Hi Hiichan,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that the funds were returned due to incorrect or invalid bank details. Could you please check and add the payment method again? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
11e49c17
Community Member

Hi Arjay,
Thank you for your help! I got my payment

You're always welcome Frida,

It's great to hear that you already received your payment. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need further assistance with your account and if you have some general questions about using Upwork or are looking for advice, feel free to post here in the Community.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c4c130ee
Community Member

Hey my payment is getting rejected when ever I try withdrawing, iam using PayPal and everything is set well,it's really annoying 

Hi Mujuzi,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

I'm facing the same issue.. my payment got rejected twice. please help

Hi Areeba,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties receiving your payments. I've shared your concern with our support team and raised a ticket to give your case the attention it deserves. One of the members will contact you on this page with further assistance once your account is thoroughly reviewed. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
aafa5e8d
Community Member

I exactly have the same problem, i tried to withdrawing the money (direct transfer to local bank) and it got rejected. The withdrawal was returned to my Upwork account

Hi Felia,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
uduak_akpan
Community Member

I tried transferring money directly to my bank last two weeks but it was reversed saying I should check my bank details as some things are incorrect.

I checked and my details were in order.

I tried again yesterday and it is saying the same thing after reversing and rejecting the transaction.

Help me, I need the money urgently.

Hi Uduak,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while initiating a fund withdrawal. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
908ecacd
Community Member

Hi, I tried withdrawing (direct transfer to local bank) twice and got "your payment has been rejected" with reasons, "Payment rejected by the bank." Checked and i entered the details in order, re-added payment method and still got rejected.

Please help assist, thanks.

Hi Janitra,

Could you please contact your bank to check the status of your account and try again once the issue is resolved?

- Pradeep

Upwork
af5b337e
Community Member

I am having the same issue. I have tried 4 times and also tried deleting and readding the account. That doesn't seem to work. 

Hi Amy,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
jubair28
Community Member

wrote:

Hi Amy,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page to assist.

I'm also facing this issue, I've tried multiple times and it's keep getting rejected by bank. Can you get me a support ticket regarding this issue.

Hi MD.,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a137c789
Community Member

I have tried withdrawing the money four times and it has failed. The withdrawal was returned to my Upwork account but I don't know what is the problem

Hi Ariq,

I checked the fund withdrawal you are referring to and can confirm that it was rejected due to invalid payment details. You can contact your bank to verify your details and add them again on your Upwork account.

- Pradeep

Upwork
89797de4
Community Member

Hi, I have tried to withdraw my payment via local bank, but my payment got rejected. Please help me what to do

590a3f30
Community Member

Hi,
My withdrawal via local bank got rejected twice fo two differenet accounts. I just made another withdrawal to see if that will go through. Could check to see what the issue is? This is getting frustrating tbh. Thanks.

Hi Abdul- Rashid Lansa,

We understand the frustration of not receiving your expected funds on the usual schedule. However, I took a closer look at the transaction you're referring to and confirmed that it was successfully processed on our end. Please be aware that Direct to local bank transfers are processed within 4 business days, but it can take up to 7 business days to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process.

Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. Feel free to check this help article for more information. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members