🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Relationship between Hourly and Fixed Tasks
Page options
1f32be23
Community Member

Relationship between Hourly and Fixed Tasks

Hello Upwork community!

I just have finished small projects .This is my third project and I am so excited . but I wonder one problem for now . when I had the contract with client , his project was hourly task . after I added the features according to his requirements and finish the tasks, I have sent good result to him . He was very satisfied my work and he released immediately . as well he gave me awesome review . I 'm very appreciate for that . but he changed his task in fixed one and gave me paid and review. is it possible ? I never think it is bad . only I am curious for that.

if anyone can give me the opionion about this case, I 'd appreciate for that. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Oliver:
Check your contract type.

Make sure it is the contrat type that you want to use.

If you want to work with an hourly contract and you currently have a fixed-price contract, then send a short message to the client explaining this. Ask if you can close the contract now so that she can set up the correct contract.

If she says yes, then do it.

If she says no then you will need to decide:

- work with the current contract.

[or]

- close the contract and don't work for that client

In the future, don't accept a contract in the first place unless you are certain it is the right type for you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
melikee
Community Member

Have you checked the contract before accepting it?
Sometimes clients post hourly jobs, but after receiving the proposals they send a fixed-price contract. 
In those cases, I say "I prefer working with an hourly contract" and simply decline the contract they sent. You don't have to accept the contract client sends to you, you can ask him to change the terms. 

1f32be23
Community Member

Hi Melike

Thanks ,but I think I have accepted his contract at that time .:( 

Oliver:
Check your contract type.

Make sure it is the contrat type that you want to use.

If you want to work with an hourly contract and you currently have a fixed-price contract, then send a short message to the client explaining this. Ask if you can close the contract now so that she can set up the correct contract.

If she says yes, then do it.

If she says no then you will need to decide:

- work with the current contract.

[or]

- close the contract and don't work for that client

In the future, don't accept a contract in the first place unless you are certain it is the right type for you.

Thanks Preston 

I thought wrong about contract . his contract was for fixed task with two milestones . he only has put hourly budget in his original description . thanks for your help.

lysis10
Community Member

Before you accept a contract it tells you what type of contract it is.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members