🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Removing feedback to improve job success
Page options
humbled
Community Member

Removing feedback to improve job success

Hi - I have a job success rating of 94% but as far as I can tell I have perfect feedback from every job I have carried out so I am curious as to why its not 100. Every feedback I have is either 5 stars or the person just did not leave feedback.

I wondered if there was a way I could improve this to 100% by removing a certain feedback as I have become top rated and and saw that this allows me to remove some feedback.

I suspect one of the people I have worked with might have given me not perfect private to Upwork feedback as even though the job was done well we didnt get along.... he did not leave any publich feedback.

Ive used upwork for a while but I just use it to apply for jobs Ive never really looking into the community/feedback side of things so not sure how all that side of things works.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

James M wrote:

I wondered if there was a way I could improve this to 100% by removing a certain feedback as I have become top rated and and saw that this allows me to remove some feedback.

I suspect one of the people I have worked with might have given me not perfect private to Upwork feedback as even though the job was done well we didnt get along.... he did not leave any publich feedback.

94% is fine and after 6 months their contract falls out of the 6 month window anyway, so save your perk for when you really need it....

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

James M wrote:

94% is fine and after 6 months their contract falls out of the 6 month window anyway, so save your perk for when you really need it....

humbled
Community Member

Thanks, that is really helpful. So would this mean that the job that has caused me to have 94% is one that has left feedback in the last 6 months? (If so I bet I know which one it is and I bet its that one I suspected from me 1st post!).

Thanks again - I am going to take more of an interest in the community side of Upwork as having looked around there is a lot to learn.

kbadeau
Community Member

I have the same problem. 5 star public reviews except for one no feedback, and my JSS went from 98-92%. I know that's not dire necessarily, but what if the next one that falls off is a GOOD feedback, and then my JSS DOES dip below 90?

Can a no public feedback client have left bad private feedback?

What if I choose the wrong person and it removes a good private feedback instead? Then I'm really screwed, no?

petra_r
Community Member

Kelly B wrote:

No.

Kelly B wrote:

What if I choose the wrong person and it removes a good private feedback instead? Then I'm really screwed, no?

They don't remove it in that case.

Kelly B wrote:

I have the same problem. 5 star public reviews except for one no feedback, and my JSS went from 98-92%.

How many contracts closed between it being 98% and 92%

Any "nothing ever paid contracts" (closed or open for 2+ months?)

kbadeau
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Kelly B wrote:

No.

Kelly B wrote:

They don't remove it in that case.

Kelly B wrote:

I have the same problem. 5 star public reviews except for one no feedback, and my JSS went from 98-92%.

How many contracts closed between it being 98% and 92%

Any "nothing ever paid contracts" (closed or open for 2+ months?)

It looks like 4 closed. They were all great though and I have no reason to think they woudn't recommend me.

I did have one client who sent me an offer that I accepted in June then never sent me materials until November, so I just started logging time for him on 11/5. I know now to be more careful about that in the future.

I had one client this summer who was problematic and I was sure said client would leave bad feedback. But when that contract closed it did not seem to have a negative effect and public rating was 5 stars plus nice words.

I asked the CSR over and over what would happen if I chose to remove that feedback and the client hadn't actually left bad feedback. I never got a straight answer. If you're saying I can try getting that one removed and if it's good feedback they won't remove it then that's what I will do.

petra_r
Community Member

Kelly B wrote:

I did have one client who sent me an offer that I accepted in June then never sent me materials until November, so I just started logging time for him on 11/5. I know now to be more careful about that in the future.

That will have affeted you after 2-3 months. Now logging time will be reversing that effect.

Kelly B wrote:

I asked the CSR over and over what would happen if I chose to remove that feedback and the client hadn't actually left bad feedback. I never got a straight answer.

I really don't know why you waste your (and their) time discussing JSS with customer service. Even if you didn't have the forum at your disposal, it's clearly stated in the page about the feedback removal.

no impact.jpg

I'd leave it alone for the minute. The idle-nothing-paid contract will stop affecting your JSS at the next update so chances are it'll go up next time. A contract that didn't affect your JSS from the summer would not affect you now and removing something that will fall out of your 6 month window in the not so distant future and probably hasn't done any harm seems a waste of the perk.

kbadeau
Community Member

Thanks Petra. You are the true UW Guru.

jswaringen
Community Member

I have a similar problem.  I have a lot of clients who don't leave feedback.  It's dropped my score down to 88% while I was at 98% and "rising talent" at one time.  The good reviews have all dropped off.  This seems a little unfair since the clients should be leaving feedback.  I know I am.  This is distressing since people look for the 90% rating.

John S wrote:

I have a similar problem.  I have a lot of clients who don't leave feedback.  It's dropped my score down to 88% while I was at 98% and "rising talent" at one time.  The good reviews have all dropped off.  This seems a little unfair since the clients should be leaving feedback.  I know I am.  This is distressing since people look for the 90% rating.

Stop closing contracts yourself. Ask your clients to do so if you think it is necessary. Too many contracts without feedback (in your case 1/3) have a negative impact.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members