🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » CLient bogus rating affected my JSS
Page options
petergino
Community Member

CLient bogus rating affected my JSS

how do i report a bogus review? we havent even logged any hours. he just hired me and we did nothing but then he was able to give me a 3 star rating

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

You don't need to report anything.

If you had an hourly contract, and you truly logged no hours, then you have a zero-pay contract, and no mention of the contract will appear on your profile page.

If you somehow WERE paid...

If you want to remove a review from your profile page, you can issue a refund for any money you were paid, and there will be no way for the review to appear on your page.

If you did nothing, then I'm assuming you were not paid very much, and you won't giving up the money.

Keep in mind that zero-pay contracts are harmful to JSS.

If you have plenty of contracts in place, then any negative impact from a zero-pay contract will be diluted by the other contracts.

Anyway, freelancers can't really report a review or have it removed on the basis of not liking it or the review being "bogus." There are only certain restricted conditions under which Upwork will interfere with a review.

You pretty much need to decide between leaving it alone, or refunding to get rid of it.

petra_r
Community Member

Peter A wrote:

how do i report a bogus review? we havent even logged any hours. he just hired me and we did nothing but then he was able to give me a 3 star rating

You have a worrying number of unenthusiastic feedback ratiings, and no 3 star rating in any of your calculation windows.

There is no such thing as "reporting a bogus review."

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members