🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Reporting a Client
Page options
868ee5ee
Community Member

Reporting a Client

I'd like to report a client who hired me for a part-time job but suddenly paused my contract in Jan 15 just to give way to her former VA who returned to the team. If I didn't reach out to her, I wouldn't know that she will no longer proceed with our contract. This is to warn other freelancers who might encounter her and her team in the future.

4 REPLIES 4
akeeb2019
Community Member

Hi Irish,

I empathize with your sudden contract pause on Jan 15, and I appreciate your effort to warn fellow freelancers about this client. Transparent communication is crucial in freelancing, and your message serves as a valuable cautionary note. If you have specific details to share, it can help others navigate potential challenges.

Wishing you better experiences with future clients and successful freelance endeavours. Thank you!!

Thank you, Akeeb! This is about professionalism, considering we also spend money just to have connects in applying for these so called legit/verified clients. I know permanency in this field is rare, but clients and freelancers should exercise professionalism. 

nikzaitsev
Community Member

Actually nothing to report. You did not provide service, to be paid for. That's the freelance life on upwork - there is no job guarantee. Of course, when you sign freelance/consultancy contract with a company there might be "Notice clause" specifying notice period, but there is nothing of this kind at upwork.

Hello. It's more on awareness to the other freelancers and clients who might get used to this habit of just ignoring or dropping people to favor their other freelancers/friends. It's not just about pay, it's about virtues/ethics. She told me she'll let me know when I can work for her again, so, if she had no intention of keeping me in the first place, she should've informed me right away. I waited for a month and if I didn't message her, I wouldn't know her decision. This same client told me she has plans of making me her RE transaction manager sometime this summer. I have a new client outside Upwork but I was disappointed with this one because it's supposed to be my first gig here. I was only able to render one shift with her. Thank you for the reply.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members