🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Reporting a fraud client
Page options
raines-sarah
Community Member

Reporting a fraud client

Hello Upwork,

I am writing this message to report a client,**Edited for Community Guidelines** . He hired me on this project,**Edited for Community Guidelines**

After the first job was done, he told me his team liked it and wanted me to write more articles for his agency.

We agreed that he would make the payment in a large sum after the batch of articles was completed because we couldn't ascertain the word count of the project initially, and we weren't sure how much he should put in escrow. (I should have told him to convert the project to an hourly contract.)

I was supposed to submit this article in Google docs, and that was what I did.

However, now that I have completed the articles (18,300 words), the client stopped replying to my messages. He is not communicating at all.

I wouldn't have agreed to this arrangement, but I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt because it's an agency.

I have, however, learned my lesson, and I'm willing to forgo the funds. 

I decided to report this client so that he won't do the same thing to other freelancers.

Thanks,
Sarah

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sarah,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you`ve had. I would recommend to always make sure that the agreed budget is fully funded on your milestone before starting with your work. To learn more about how you`re protected under our Fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Please keep in mind that our protection does not cover promised funds and unfunded milestones. 

Regarding your client, our team will investigate this further and take proper actions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sarah,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you`ve had. I would recommend to always make sure that the agreed budget is fully funded on your milestone before starting with your work. To learn more about how you`re protected under our Fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Please keep in mind that our protection does not cover promised funds and unfunded milestones. 

Regarding your client, our team will investigate this further and take proper actions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you, Goran. The client came back to fund and approve the milestone.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members